|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creatures does Lief claim to see outside the spacecraft in "Leif in the Wind"?
2. What does the attache's wife do while he is gone to war in "The Cult of the Nose"?
(a) Leaves him for another.
(b) Goes to college.
(c) Kills herself.
(d) Has four children.
3. When was Nicholas Walker dropped to Earth in "Human Intelligence"?
(a) 8098 A.D.
(b) 132 C.E.
(c) 429 C.E.
(d) 550 A.D.
4. Who has always been in competition with her younger sister in "Unwell"?
5. Whose son does Quirinus meet behind the red gate in "The Devil on the Staircase"?
(a) Don Giovese's.
6. What follows Quirinus up the staircase in "The Devil on the Staircase"?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A black rat.
(c) A tin bird.
(d) A spider.
7. How long is the journey home for Lief and his crew mates in "Leif in the Wind"?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
8. For how many years has Nicholas Walker chronicled life on Earth in "Human Intelligence"?
(a) 1,581 years.
(b) 1,020 years.
(c) 3,201 years.
(d) 2,034 years.
9. What does Caroleen ask for the return of from the girl who does her shopping in "Parallel Lines"?
(a) Her car keys.
(b) Her sister's coat.
(c) Her shopping list.
(d) Her gloves.
10. Whose death causes Rex to lose his compass completely in "Stories"?
(a) James Arwell's.
(b) Chick Archer's.
(c) Sonny James'.
(d) Susan Walter's.
11. How many times does Martin stab Annabelle in "The Therapist"?
12. What does the protagonist lose which holds his evidence in "The Cult of the Nose"?
(a) His balloon.
(b) His computer.
(c) His briefcase.
(d) His car.
13. What is Nicholas Walker's profession in "Human Intelligence"?
(b) Radio announcer.
14. Obsessed, the protagonist of "The Cult of the Nose" follows each lead until he finds himself in what location?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) His mother's house.
(c) His wife's house.
(d) His father's house.
15. What kind of dog does the protagonist have in "Land Of The Lost"?
(a) Labrador Retriever.
(c) German Shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what winemaker does Quirinus work in "The Devil on the Staircase"?
2. What is Annabelle's last name in "The Therapist"?
3. Who is Robbie's son in "The Maiden Flight of McCauley's Bellerophon"?
4. Where did Yvonne meet her future husband in "Unwell"?
5. Who stabs Martin Kobel in the library in "The Therapist"?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)