|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author learn about his mother as he was writing his entrance exams for college?
2. Who did Alison have a complex relationship with in Chapter 16?
3. Who did Jean write a letter to in Chapter 11?
4. What was the outcome of the author's trip he described in Chapter 14?
5. What happened to the author the remainder of his trip in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the author attend school in Europe?
2. Describe what was significant about the day at work in Chapter 10?
3. Where was the author going in Chapter 17?
4. How does the author's acceptance seal his "coming of age" story?
5. Describe what happened between Jean and Dagmar while the author was in Europe.
6. What did the friend patronize the author about in Chapter 13?
7. Why did the author decide to return home after running away?
8. Where does the author describe working in Chapter 15?
9. What did Jean do to try and get Dagmar back?
10. Describe the author's experience hitch-hiking.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss how the author's friendship with Tobey in their adolescence to their teenage years changes, and discuss what happened to bring about this change.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss how the author's adolescence's order was interrupted constantly through his recollections of life's events, and give examples of some of his life's interruptions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's relationship to Jessica and how she is the one person who brings about a selflessness within the author that no one else was able to demonstrate prior to her birth.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)