|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the author accepted to for college?
2. What was the author barely conscious of in Chapter 10?
3. What did the author see that suddenly made him sexually energized in Chapter 10?
4. How old was the author in the trip he related back to in Chapter 14?
5. What did the author learn about his mother as he was writing his entrance exams for college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the author's experience hitch-hiking.
2. What were the author's jobs when he was 16 years old living in Florida?
3. Where did the author travel during the spring, and what did he find out there in Chapter 19?
4. What did the friend patronize the author about in Chapter 13?
5. Who did the author live with after Dagmar left?
6. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
7. What was the author threatened with in Chapter 10?
8. Describe what was significant about the day at work in Chapter 10?
9. What did the author contemplate doing the summer they returned to New York in Chapter 9?
10. Who did the author meet on the boat in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the scene with the elevator breakdown to Alison's emotional and mental instability.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain the importance of the author's first recalled memory of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how Conroy presents his experiences with Tobey as childlike fun, but then begins to change his tone when remembering his more sexually related events and how this is congruent with his coming of age.
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)