|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disrupted the author's surge of sexual energy on this particular day in Chapter 10?
2. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 9?
3. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
4. Where did the author work in Chapter 15?
5. What did Jean ask in his letter in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the friend patronize the author about in Chapter 13?
2. Why did the author avoid going home for dinner after school in Chapter 13?
3. Describe what was significant about the day at work in Chapter 10?
4. Who did the author live with after Dagmar left?
5. Who was born in Chapter 11?
6. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
7. What did Jean do to try and get Dagmar back?
8. What was the author threatened with in Chapter 10?
9. What did the author contemplate doing the summer they returned to New York in Chapter 9?
10. Where did the author attend school in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter 16, "Losing My Cherry", to the events of the chapter and how the events of the chapter are another transition from one phase of life to the next, proving Conroy's maturation.
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Conroy suggests about his school and the higher the class in the building meant to him. What is his metaphor in the school building's description?
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the author's recollections in his writing display a gained insight from the time the events actually took place to the time in which he writes "Stop-Time" by using some examples from the text.
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)