|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the author's second ride with in Chapter 11?
2. How did the author charm the people he met at dinner in Chapter 15?
3. Which of the following is NOT a description of Tobey when the author visited him in the trip he described in Chapter 14?
4. What was the author's boss's name in Chapter 15?
5. What did the author's mother do upon her return home in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the author's jobs when he was 16 years old living in Florida?
2. Where does the author describe working in Chapter 15?
3. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
4. Why did the author avoid going home for dinner after school in Chapter 13?
5. What did the friend patronize the author about in Chapter 13?
6. How does the author's acceptance seal his "coming of age" story?
7. Describe what was significant about the day at work in Chapter 10?
8. What was the latest money making idea Jean had in Chapter 9?
9. Where did the author travel during the spring, and what did he find out there in Chapter 19?
10. What did Jean do to try and get Dagmar back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the events and descriptions of Conroy's memories are an example of a "coming of age" story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author's recollections in his writing display a gained insight from the time the events actually took place to the time in which he writes "Stop-Time" by using some examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how the author's adolescence's order was interrupted constantly through his recollections of life's events, and give examples of some of his life's interruptions.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)