|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alison have a complex relationship with in Chapter 16?
2. What was the name of the person who moved in with the author after Dagmar left?
3. What happened to the author the remainder of his trip in Chapter 15?
4. Which of the following is NOT a description of Tobey when the author visited him in the trip he described in Chapter 14?
5. What did the author contemplate doing after the fruit stand failed in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author describe at Chapter 10's conclusion?
2. What were the author's jobs when he was 16 years old living in Florida?
3. Why did the author avoid going home for dinner after school in Chapter 13?
4. Who was born in Chapter 11?
5. What did the author contemplate doing the summer they returned to New York in Chapter 9?
6. Who did the author meet on the boat in Chapter 17?
7. What did the friend patronize the author about in Chapter 13?
8. What was the author threatened with in Chapter 10?
9. What did Dagmar confirm to the author after his friend patronized him?
10. Describe what happened between Jean and Dagmar while the author was in Europe.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss Conroy's purpose for switching from present to past tenses throughout his memories in "Stop-Time".
Essay Topic 2
Detail the significance of the author's patronizing friend he recalls in Chapter 13 to his life and the role Dagmar played in this event.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how Conroy presents his experiences with Tobey as childlike fun, but then begins to change his tone when remembering his more sexually related events and how this is congruent with his coming of age.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)