|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the author encounter in Chapter 9?
2. What transformation did Dagmar go through in Chapter 11?
3. Why did the author avoid going home to dinner in Chapter 13?
4. Where was the author moving at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What were the author's two short-lived jobs in the visit he described in Chapter 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was born in Chapter 11?
2. Who did the author meet on the boat in Chapter 17?
3. What did Dagmar do upon her return home from Denmark?
4. What did the friend patronize the author about in Chapter 13?
5. Describe the author's experience hitch-hiking.
6. Where did the author attend school in Europe?
7. What did Dagmar confirm to the author after his friend patronized him?
8. What did the author contemplate doing the summer they returned to New York in Chapter 9?
9. Who did the author live with after Dagmar left?
10. What was the latest money making idea Jean had in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss how the author's friendship with Tobey in their adolescence to their teenage years changes, and discuss what happened to bring about this change.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's relationship to Jessica and how she is the one person who brings about a selflessness within the author that no one else was able to demonstrate prior to her birth.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's "experimental" boarding school, Freemont, and then describe what happened to Ligget and the outcome of it.
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)