|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author do after he made his way through the crowd in Chapter 17?
2. What happened to the author the remainder of his trip in Chapter 15?
3. Who did the author encounter in Chapter 9?
4. What was the name of the person born in Chapter 11?
5. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the author's jobs when he was 16 years old living in Florida?
2. Describe what happened between Jean and Dagmar while the author was in Europe.
3. What did Dagmar do upon her return home from Denmark?
4. What was the author threatened with in Chapter 10?
5. Why did the author avoid going home for dinner after school in Chapter 13?
6. What did Dagmar confirm to the author after his friend patronized him?
7. Where did Dagmar go in Chapter 11?
8. What did the author contemplate doing the summer they returned to New York in Chapter 9?
9. Why did the author decide to return home after running away?
10. Where did the author attend school in Europe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the events and descriptions of Conroy's memories are an example of a "coming of age" story.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss Conroy's purpose for switching from present to past tenses throughout his memories in "Stop-Time".
Essay Topic 3
Describe the conditions of the author's life after Dagmar left to go to Denmark and how the conditions support the author's way of believing life should be lived with disruption of order.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)