|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the pianist live in the author's mom's apartment?
2. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 3?
3. Which of the following was NOT an outcome of Ligget's punishment?
4. What did the author and Tobey ride when the author went with Tobey's family in Chapter 6?
5. Where did the author go the day he parted with his friend in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tobey and the author do when the author went with Tobey's family?
2. Where did Dagmar and Donald go together?
3. What did the author and Tobey discover in Chapter 6?
4. What does the author say interrupted his life, in the prologue?
5. What was the result of Ligget's trial?
6. Describe who Tobey was?
7. What happened to Tobey after the author went with him and his family?
8. What does the author say about Donald?
9. What happened at the end of Chapter 1?
10. What happened to Alison at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain when the reader of "Stop-Time" is able to get a context of when the events of the novel take place in relation to the present day context of the author's life.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author's recollections in his writing display a gained insight from the time the events actually took place to the time in which he writes "Stop-Time" by using some examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the events and descriptions of Conroy's memories are an example of a "coming of age" story.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)