|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
2. Where did the author choose to sleep due to his fears about Southbury Training School, in Chapter 4?
3. Who told the author he lost, at the game in Chapter 6?
4. What writing style does the author repeat throughout the book?
5. In Chapter 3, who said "I feel like I've been on this trip all my life"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tobey and the author do when the author went with Tobey's family?
2. Describe who Tobey was?
3. What did the author notice about Jean in the long drive in Chapter 3?
4. What happened at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What does the author describe that he and Tobey found together as kids?
6. What happened to Tobey after the author went with him and his family?
7. In Chapter 2, why did the author and his family move, and what did they do?
8. Where did the author sleep in Chapter 4, and why?
9. When and who did the author visit in Florida?
10. Who does the author recall in the first chapter, and what does he recall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the scene with the elevator breakdown to Alison's emotional and mental instability.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and discuss Conroy's purpose for switching from present to past tenses throughout his memories in "Stop-Time".
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain when the reader of "Stop-Time" is able to get a context of when the events of the novel take place in relation to the present day context of the author's life.
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)