|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
2. Where was the Southbury Training School?
3. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 3?
4. Where was the experimental boarding school the author describes in Chapter 1?
5. Who of the following was NOT an important person to the author's childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who moved into the author's apartment in Chapter 5?
2. Describe what happened to the author when he went with Tobey's family.
3. When and who did the author visit in Florida?
4. As a child, where did the author go in the winter time?
5. What happened at the school the author attended in Chapter 1?
6. In Chapter 2, who does the author narrate having a frightening encounter with?
7. What happened to Tobey after the author went with him and his family?
8. Where did the author sleep in Chapter 4, and why?
9. What was the result of Ligget's trial?
10. What does the author describe that he and Tobey found together as kids?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's "experimental" boarding school, Freemont, and then describe what happened to Ligget and the outcome of it.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author's recollections in his writing display a gained insight from the time the events actually took place to the time in which he writes "Stop-Time" by using some examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter 16, "Losing My Cherry", to the events of the chapter and how the events of the chapter are another transition from one phase of life to the next, proving Conroy's maturation.
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)