|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the author's friend that he narrates about in Chapter 3?
2. What does the author describe in the final section of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 3, what does the author mention he and his friend discovered together?
4. In Chapter 3, what did Jean do?
5. How old was the author when his father died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who moved into the author's apartment in Chapter 5?
2. What happened at the school the author attended in Chapter 1?
3. Where did Dagmar and Jean work during the winter time in Chapter 4?
4. What happened at the end of Chapter 1?
5. Where does the author describe the place where he attended school, in Chapter 1?
6. In Chapter 2, who does the author narrate having a frightening encounter with?
7. As a child, where did the author go in the winter time?
8. Who does the author recall in the first chapter, and what does he recall?
9. Describe the author's writing style in the first chapter.
10. What does the author describe that he and Tobey found together as kids?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and explain when the reader of "Stop-Time" is able to get a context of when the events of the novel take place in relation to the present day context of the author's life.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze how the policeman and disillusionment to the author's archetypal life pattern relate to a typical emotional state found in teenagers.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how the author's friendship with Tobey in their adolescence to their teenage years changes, and discuss what happened to bring about this change.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)