|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the verdict of Ligget's trial?
2. What has the author gained between the time he writes about these events to the time in which they actually took place?
3. What are the contents of Chapters 4 and 5 examples of?
4. How long did the pianist live in the author's mom's apartment?
5. Where did the author go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the author recall in the first chapter, and what does he recall?
2. What happened at the school the author attended in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 2, who does the author narrate having a frightening encounter with?
4. What was the result of Ligget's trial?
5. What happened to Alison at the beginning of Chapter 6?
6. What does the author say about Donald?
7. What happened to Tobey after the author went with him and his family?
8. What does the author describe that he and Tobey found together as kids?
9. What did the author notice about Jean in the long drive in Chapter 3?
10. In Chapter 2, why did the author and his family move, and what did they do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Detail the significance of the author's patronizing friend he recalls in Chapter 13 to his life and the role Dagmar played in this event.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's "experimental" boarding school, Freemont, and then describe what happened to Ligget and the outcome of it.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss how the author's friendship with Tobey in their adolescence to their teenage years changes, and discuss what happened to bring about this change.
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)