|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author fear about Southbury Training School?
2. What did the person who told the author he lost do to make Tobey lose the game in Chapter 6?
3. What was the atmosphere like at the experimental boarding school, according to the author?
4. What does the author recall about the conditions of the person he remembers in Chapter 1?
5. According to Chapter 1, what does a first person biography offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the school the author attended in Chapter 1?
2. Who moved into the author's apartment in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 2, why did the author and his family move, and what did they do?
4. When and who did the author visit in Florida?
5. Describe the author's writing style in the first chapter.
6. What did the author and Tobey discover in Chapter 6?
7. What happened to Alison at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. Why was the author afraid of the cabin in Chapter 4?
9. Where did Dagmar and Jean work during the winter time in Chapter 4?
10. Where does the author describe the place where he attended school, in Chapter 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the title of Chapter 16, "Losing My Cherry", to the events of the chapter and how the events of the chapter are another transition from one phase of life to the next, proving Conroy's maturation.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain the importance of the author's first recalled memory of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Conroy's view of anarchy is paradoxical to the definition of anarchy and use some examples of the events in "Stop-Time" to support his definition.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)