|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author fear about Southbury Training School?
2. In Chapter 3, what did Jean do?
3. What was Ligget's punishment?
4. What did the author's fear drive him to do?
5. What is understood about the author and his perception of the people he introduces in Chapters 2 and 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the school the author attended in Chapter 1?
2. What did the author and Tobey discover in Chapter 6?
3. Who does the author recall in the first chapter, and what does he recall?
4. As a child, where did the author go in the winter time?
5. What did Tobey and the author do when the author went with Tobey's family?
6. Describe what the prologue does for the reader.
7. What does the author say interrupted his life, in the prologue?
8. When and who did the author visit in Florida?
9. What do Chapters 4 and 5 represent?
10. What was the result of Ligget's trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's relationship to Jessica and how she is the one person who brings about a selflessness within the author that no one else was able to demonstrate prior to her birth.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the scene with the elevator breakdown to Alison's emotional and mental instability.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Conroy's view of anarchy is paradoxical to the definition of anarchy and use some examples of the events in "Stop-Time" to support his definition.
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)