|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author mention being self-absorbed and self-dramatizing in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Williams.
(b) Mrs. Huggins.
(c) Dr. Case.
(d) Dr. Casey.
2. What did the second person the author hitchhiked with dream of being?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A dancer.
(d) An opera singer.
3. Who was the author's telegram from in Chapter 15?
4. On what day did the author get his job back in Chapter 15?
5. What was the author's family's cleaning lady's name, who lived in Harlem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author do in Chapter 11 after the person overstayed her welcome?
2. In what season did Chapter 9 take place?
3. Who did Alison have a complex relationship with in Chapter 16?
4. What was the author's boss's name in Chapter 15?
5. Who did the author see at his early morning job on the particular day described in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dagmar do upon her return home from Denmark?
2. What was the latest money making idea Jean had in Chapter 9?
3. Who did the author live with after Dagmar left?
4. What was the author threatened with in Chapter 10?
5. What did Jean do to try and get Dagmar back?
6. Why did the author avoid going home for dinner after school in Chapter 13?
7. Describe what happened between Jean and Dagmar while the author was in Europe.
8. What did the author contemplate doing the summer they returned to New York in Chapter 9?
9. What does the author describe at Chapter 10's conclusion?
10. How does the author's acceptance seal his "coming of age" story?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)