|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the author encounter in Chapter 9?
(a) The mayor of Miami.
(b) The mayor of New York.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A corrupt policeman.
2. Which of the following is NOT a description of Tobey when the author visited him in the trip he described in Chapter 14?
(a) School drop out.
(b) Barely articulate.
(d) Acne faced.
3. Who was the author's second ride with in Chapter 11?
(a) A hippie.
(b) A woman and a baby.
(c) A woman truckdriver.
(d) An overwight trucker.
4. Who was the author's telegram from in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 11, what did the author have in common with the person he hitchhiked with?
(a) He had no mom.
(b) He had 2 sisters.
(c) He ran away too.
(d) He was from NEw York and Florida.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author attend school in Denmark?
2. What language did the author study in Chapter 10?
3. Who does the author mention being self-absorbed and self-dramatizing in Chapter 10?
4. Where did the author hitchhike to in Chapter 11?
5. Where was the author left, after his mother left in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the author avoid going home for dinner after school in Chapter 13?
2. Describe what happened between Jean and Dagmar while the author was in Europe.
3. Who did the author live with after Dagmar left?
4. What did Dagmar do upon her return home from Denmark?
5. What did the friend patronize the author about in Chapter 13?
6. Who was born in Chapter 11?
7. What did the author contemplate doing the summer they returned to New York in Chapter 9?
8. Where was the author going in Chapter 17?
9. What were the author's jobs when he was 16 years old living in Florida?
10. What did Dagmar confirm to the author after his friend patronized him?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)