|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author barely conscious of in Chapter 10?
(a) Writing an essay.
(b) Leaving the house.
2. In what season did Chapter 9 take place?
3. What did the author do after he made his way through the crowd in Chapter 17?
(a) Settled in his cabin and explored the ship.
(b) Took a sip of water.
(c) Looked at his map.
(d) Looked at his compass.
4. Where was the author accepted to for college?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) University of Virginia.
(c) Haverford College.
(d) Boston College.
5. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 9?
(a) Becoming a chef.
(b) Selling knock-off purses and sunglasses.
(c) Selling fruit on a street corner.
(d) Renting a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did the author study in Chapter 10?
2. Who did the author encounter in Chapter 9?
3. What did the friend from school patronize the author about at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. What did the author relate to in Chapter 14?
5. What was the name of the Swedish girl the author had a restrained relationship with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did the author live with after Dagmar left?
2. What did Dagmar do upon her return home from Denmark?
3. Who did the author meet on the boat in Chapter 17?
4. Where did the author travel during the spring, and what did he find out there in Chapter 19?
5. Who was born in Chapter 11?
6. Describe what was significant about the day at work in Chapter 10?
7. Why did the author decide to return home after running away?
8. Describe what happened between Jean and Dagmar while the author was in Europe.
9. What was the latest money making idea Jean had in Chapter 9?
10. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)