|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dagmar left, who moved in with the author?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) Another child.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) A thin, nervous young woman.
2. How did the author charm the people he met at dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) With his good looks.
(b) With his guitar playing.
(c) With his money.
(d) With his wit and his piano playing.
3. How did the author feel when he was accepted to college?
(b) Relatively calm.
4. What was the author awkwardly questioned about in Chapter 10?
(a) His deepest secrets.
(b) His dreams and ambitions in life.
(c) His sex life.
(d) His home life.
5. Where did the author hitchhike to in Chapter 11?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alison have a complex relationship with in Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 10, what was the author warned about if he was late again?
3. What did the author contemplate doing after the fruit stand failed in Chapter 9?
4. What realization did the author wake up with in Chapter 12?
5. What did his mother reluctantly confirm to the author in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the author travel during the spring, and what did he find out there in Chapter 19?
2. What was the author threatened with in Chapter 10?
3. What did Dagmar confirm to the author after his friend patronized him?
4. What did the friend patronize the author about in Chapter 13?
5. Where does the author describe working in Chapter 15?
6. Why did the author avoid going home for dinner after school in Chapter 13?
7. What did Jean do to try and get Dagmar back?
8. What were the author's jobs when he was 16 years old living in Florida?
9. Where did the author attend school in Europe?
10. Describe the author's experience hitch-hiking.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)