|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jean write a letter to in Chapter 11?
(b) The author.
2. What did the author do after a day of lounging on the deck in Chapter 15?
(a) Took a cold shower and shaved in hot water.
(b) Dressed up and went to first class.
(c) Got a massage.
(d) Read in the bathtub.
3. Who was the author's second ride with in Chapter 11?
(a) A hippie.
(b) A woman and a baby.
(c) A woman truckdriver.
(d) An overwight trucker.
4. What transformation did Dagmar go through in Chapter 11?
(a) Not pregnant to pregnant.
(b) Selfish to selfless.
(c) Emotional breast-feeder to practical bottle-feeder.
(d) Happy to sad.
5. What did the second person the author hitchhiked with dream of being?
(a) An opera singer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A writer.
(d) A dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author hitchhike to in Chapter 11?
2. Who did the author meet at dinner on his first night in Chapter 15?
3. In what season did Chapter 9 take place?
4. Who was the first person the author hitchhiked with in Chapter 11?
5. Who does the author mention being self-absorbed and self-dramatizing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jean do to try and get Dagmar back?
2. How does the author's acceptance seal his "coming of age" story?
3. What did the author contemplate doing the summer they returned to New York in Chapter 9?
4. Describe what happened between Jean and Dagmar while the author was in Europe.
5. What does the author describe at Chapter 10's conclusion?
6. Who was born in Chapter 11?
7. What was the author threatened with in Chapter 10?
8. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
9. Where does the author describe working in Chapter 15?
10. What did Dagmar confirm to the author after his friend patronized him?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)