|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dagmar left, who moved in with the author?
(a) Another child.
(b) A thin, nervous young woman.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) A prostitute.
2. How did the author charm the people he met at dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) With his guitar playing.
(b) With his money.
(c) With his good looks.
(d) With his wit and his piano playing.
3. In Chapter 11, what did the author have in common with the person he hitchhiked with?
(a) He ran away too.
(b) He had 2 sisters.
(c) He had no mom.
(d) He was from NEw York and Florida.
4. On what day did the author get his job back in Chapter 15?
5. What realization did the author wake up with in Chapter 12?
(a) That he must get a job.
(b) That he must go home so he could see Jessica again.
(c) That he was unhappy and needed to find his happiness.
(d) That he must go home so he could see Alison again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author avoid going home to dinner in Chapter 13?
2. Which band member did the author meet in Chapter 15?
3. What did Jean ask in his letter in Chapter 11?
4. What was the outcome of the author's trip he described in Chapter 14?
5. What happened to the author the remainder of his trip in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Dagmar go in Chapter 11?
2. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
3. What was the latest money making idea Jean had in Chapter 9?
4. What does the author describe at Chapter 10's conclusion?
5. Who was born in Chapter 11?
6. What did Dagmar do upon her return home from Denmark?
7. Why did the author avoid going home for dinner after school in Chapter 13?
8. What was the author threatened with in Chapter 10?
9. What did Dagmar confirm to the author after his friend patronized him?
10. Where does the author describe working in Chapter 15?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)