|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the author NOT describe about the place he stayed at, in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 3, what did the author note about Jean in their debate?
(a) He was intellectually manipulative.
(b) He was narrow-minded.
(c) He was witty.
(d) He had little valid arguments.
3. What writing style does the author repeat throughout the book?
(a) A journal style.
(c) Switching from past to present tenses.
(d) Switching from 1st to 3rd person.
4. How old was Alison when the family left New York?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 16 years old.
(c) 17 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
5. According to Chapter 3, what did the author and his friend do in their free time?
(a) Play house.
(b) Go to baseball games.
(c) Explore the wilderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prologue offer the reader?
2. What was Ligget's punishment?
3. What did the author and the other boys accuse Ligget of being?
4. Why were the author and his family traveling at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Where was the author's apartment in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, where did the author go in the winter time?
2. When and who did the author visit in Florida?
3. Where did the author and his family leave and go to at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What happened at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What does the author say interrupted his life, in the prologue?
6. What happened to Alison at the beginning of Chapter 6?
7. What did the author and Tobey discover in Chapter 6?
8. What do Chapters 4 and 5 represent?
9. Where did the author go at the end of Chapter 7?
10. Describe what happened to the author when he went with Tobey's family.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)