|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the author and his family traveling at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) To visit his grandmother.
(b) To sell their car.
(c) To travel and sing together.
(d) To start a new life.
2. When was the author confronted by a teacher at Southbury?
(a) At the cafeteria.
(b) On the way to the bathroom.
(c) During a trip to the library.
(d) In his dreams.
3. Who accompanies the author at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Alison and Tobey.
(b) Jean and his mom, Dagmar.
4. How many months pregnant was Dagmar in Chapter 6?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 2 months.
5. According to Chapter 4, why did the author have to go to the location he did?
(a) For his parents' work.
(b) For his mom's doctor.
(c) To clear his head.
(d) For his doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author recall in the final section of Chapter 1?
2. What does the author describe at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. Which of the following does the author NOT use to describe the sun in Chapter 6?
4. According to Chapter 1, what does a first person biography offer?
5. Where did the author go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the author and his family leave and go to at the beginning of Chapter 2?
2. What did the author notice about Jean in the long drive in Chapter 3?
3. Where did Dagmar and Jean work during the winter time in Chapter 4?
4. Where did Dagmar and Donald go together?
5. Where does the author describe the place where he attended school, in Chapter 1?
6. What happened at the end of Chapter 1?
7. What does the author describe that he and Tobey found together as kids?
8. What do Chapters 4 and 5 represent?
9. Who moved into the author's apartment in Chapter 5?
10. Where did the author sleep in Chapter 4, and why?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)