|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what did Jean do?
(a) Opened a store.
(b) Built a second house.
(c) Became a cab driver.
(d) Gave horse riding lessons.
2. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 3?
(a) Renting his house out.
(b) Cab rides.
(c) Charging for private lessons on horseback riding.
(d) Selling hunting gear.
3. How many months pregnant was Dagmar in Chapter 6?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 9 months.
4. In Chapter 5, who was the pianist jealous over?
5. What did the person who told the author he lost force him to do in Chapter 6?
(a) To run his errands.
(b) To give Tobey his Cotton candy.
(c) To feel his private parts.
(d) To leave the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does the initial introduction to "Stop-Time's" supporting characters serve for other chapters?
2. What did the author fear about Southbury Training School?
3. What was the name of the bitter pianist?
4. Where does the prologue take place?
5. According to the prologue, when did the author find himself racing home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the school the author attended in Chapter 1?
2. What do Chapters 4 and 5 represent?
3. What was the result of Ligget's trial?
4. What happened to Tobey after the author went with him and his family?
5. Describe the author's writing style in the first chapter.
6. What does the author describe that he and Tobey found together as kids?
7. In Chapter 2, who does the author narrate having a frightening encounter with?
8. What did the author and Tobey discover in Chapter 6?
9. What happened to Alison at the beginning of Chapter 6?
10. Describe who Tobey was?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)