|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was born at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) Victor's son.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) The author's half-sister.
(d) The author's half-brother.
2. Who did Jean write a letter to in Chapter 11?
(c) The author.
3. In Chapter 10, what was the author warned about if he was late again?
(a) He would be fired.
(b) He would have to take out the trash.
(c) He would be expelled.
(d) He would have to do pushups.
4. What did the author see that suddenly made him sexually energized in Chapter 10?
(a) A woman's thigh.
(b) A woman's neck.
(c) A woman's cleavage.
(d) A woman's wrist.
5. What realization did the author wake up with in Chapter 12?
(a) That he must go home so he could see Alison again.
(b) That he must go home so he could see Jessica again.
(c) That he must get a job.
(d) That he was unhappy and needed to find his happiness.
6. What transformation did Dagmar go through in Chapter 11?
(a) Not pregnant to pregnant.
(b) Selfish to selfless.
(c) Happy to sad.
(d) Emotional breast-feeder to practical bottle-feeder.
7. What did the author do in Chapter 11 after the person overstayed her welcome?
(a) Ran away.
(b) Screamed at Jean.
(c) Kicked her out.
(d) Called his mom.
8. What was the author's boss's name in Chapter 15?
9. How did the author charm the people he met at dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) With his wit and his piano playing.
(b) With his good looks.
(c) With his money.
(d) With his guitar playing.
10. What did the author blurt out to another person in Chapter 15?
(a) He was not single.
(b) He had to use the bathroom.
(c) He was poor.
(d) He was not first class.
11. What was the name of the game the author created with his friends in Denmark?
12. What happened to the author the remainder of his trip in Chapter 15?
(a) He was in a car accident and was in recovery.
(b) He was heartbroken.
(c) He got a cold.
(d) He was seasick.
13. How old was the author in the trip he related back to in Chapter 14?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 17 years old.
14. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
(a) A dream of the author's.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) A school day.
(d) A memory of the author's.
15. What disrupted the author's surge of sexual energy on this particular day in Chapter 10?
(a) His boss telling him to take out the garbage.
(b) A phone call.
(c) The books falling off the shelf.
(d) The woman bursting into tears.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 9?
2. What was the name of the Swedish girl the author had a restrained relationship with?
3. Where was the author moving at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What was the author habitually late for in Chapter 10?
5. Who waved to the author in Chapter 17?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)