|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the author the remainder of his trip in Chapter 15?
(a) He was in a car accident and was in recovery.
(b) He was heartbroken.
(c) He was seasick.
(d) He got a cold.
2. Where was the author left, after his mother left in Chapter 11?
(a) At school.
(b) Alone in Florida.
(c) At home with Alison.
(d) Alone with Jean in their apartment.
3. Who did the author meet at dinner on his first night in Chapter 15?
(a) 4 women going to France.
(b) 4 French women.
(c) 4 women going to Germany.
(d) 4 men.
4. What does the metaphor of multiple floors in his school suggest?
(a) School took him away from life.
(b) School brought meaning to his life.
(c) The higher the class was in the builing, the less relevant it would be to his life.
(d) The higher the class was in the building, the harder the information would be.
5. What disrupted the author's surge of sexual energy on this particular day in Chapter 10?
(a) A phone call.
(b) The woman bursting into tears.
(c) The books falling off the shelf.
(d) His boss telling him to take out the garbage.
6. What did the author see that suddenly made him sexually energized in Chapter 10?
(a) A woman's thigh.
(b) A woman's cleavage.
(c) A woman's neck.
(d) A woman's wrist.
7. Where did the author hitchhike to in Chapter 11?
(c) New York.
8. Who does the author mention being self-absorbed and self-dramatizing in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Casey.
(b) Mrs. Huggins.
(c) Dr. Case.
(d) Dr. Williams.
9. What did the author do after he made his way through the crowd in Chapter 17?
(a) Looked at his map.
(b) Took a sip of water.
(c) Settled in his cabin and explored the ship.
(d) Looked at his compass.
10. What did the friend from school patronize the author about at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) That he was fat.
(b) That his mom was going to die.
(c) That his mom did not love him.
(d) That his father was going to die from cancer.
11. What was the author's early morning job in Chapter 10?
(a) Taking out the trash at school.
(b) Sweeping the floors at the library.
(c) Taking out Jean's trash.
(d) Shelving books at the library.
12. What does Chapter 10 narrate?
(a) A dream of the author's.
(b) A trip to the zoo.
(c) A memory of the author's.
(d) A school day.
13. What was Dagmar doing when she made her confirmation to the author in Chapter 13?
(a) Using the toilet.
(c) Putting on makeup.
(d) Brushing her hair.
14. What was the outcome of the author's trip he described in Chapter 14?
(a) He was stung by a bee.
(b) It was so much fun.
(c) He was stung by a jellyfish.
(d) It was disappointing.
15. Where did the author go in the spring, in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did his mother reluctantly confirm to the author in Chapter 13?
2. What did the author do in Chapter 11 after the person overstayed her welcome?
3. Why was the author disappointed with the people he met at dinner in Chapter 15?
4. What language did the author study in Chapter 10?
5. Who was the author's second ride with in Chapter 11?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)