|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the game the author created with his friends in Denmark?
2. What happened to the author the remainder of his trip in Chapter 15?
(a) He got a cold.
(b) He was heartbroken.
(c) He was seasick.
(d) He was in a car accident and was in recovery.
3. Who did Alison have a complex relationship with in Chapter 16?
4. What did Jean ask in his letter in Chapter 11?
(a) Asked her to come back and make Nell move out.
(b) Asked Alison and the author to move away.
(c) Asked Alison to babysit Jessica.
(d) Asked the author to come home.
5. Where did the author go in the spring, in Chapter 18?
6. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 9?
(a) Selling knock-off purses and sunglasses.
(b) Selling fruit on a street corner.
(c) Becoming a chef.
(d) Renting a house.
7. What was the author barely conscious of in Chapter 10?
(a) Leaving the house.
(b) Writing an essay.
8. How old was the author in the trip he related back to in Chapter 14?
(a) 16 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 6 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
9. What was the name of the person who moved in with the author after Dagmar left?
(a) Bobby Nell.
(b) Nelly Smell.
(c) Nelson Smidge.
(d) Nell Smith.
10. What did the friend from school patronize the author about at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) That his mom was going to die.
(b) That he was fat.
(c) That his father was going to die from cancer.
(d) That his mom did not love him.
11. What did the author blurt out to another person in Chapter 15?
(a) He was not single.
(b) He had to use the bathroom.
(c) He was poor.
(d) He was not first class.
12. What language did the author study in Chapter 10?
13. What did the author see that suddenly made him sexually energized in Chapter 10?
(a) A woman's wrist.
(b) A woman's cleavage.
(c) A woman's thigh.
(d) A woman's neck.
14. Who was the author's telegram from in Chapter 15?
15. Where did the author hitchhike to in Chapter 11?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author say his excuse was for being late to dinner in Chapter 13?
2. Where did the author work in Chapter 15?
3. What transformation did Dagmar go through in Chapter 11?
4. Who did the author encounter in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 10, what was the author warned about if he was late again?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)