|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the author barely conscious of in Chapter 10?
(a) Writing an essay.
(b) Leaving the house.
2. What was the outcome of the author's trip he described in Chapter 14?
(a) He was stung by a bee.
(b) It was so much fun.
(c) It was disappointing.
(d) He was stung by a jellyfish.
3. What did the friend from school patronize the author about at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) That his father was going to die from cancer.
(b) That his mom was going to die.
(c) That he was fat.
(d) That his mom did not love him.
4. What does the metaphor of multiple floors in his school suggest?
(a) The higher the class was in the building, the harder the information would be.
(b) School took him away from life.
(c) School brought meaning to his life.
(d) The higher the class was in the builing, the less relevant it would be to his life.
5. Which of the following was not revealed about the person who moved in with the author in Chapter 11?
(a) She was a lying writer and actress.
(b) She was suicidal.
(c) She was a mother.
(d) She was manipulative.
6. Where did the author hitchhike to in Chapter 11?
(b) New York.
7. Where did the author work in Chapter 15?
(a) The Electro Research Company.
(b) The Electric Field.
(c) The Electric Elephant Cafe.
(d) The Electro Magenetic Cafe.
8. How old was the author in the trip he related back to in Chapter 14?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
9. What was the name of the person who moved in with the author after Dagmar left?
(a) Nell Smith.
(b) Nelson Smidge.
(c) Nelly Smell.
(d) Bobby Nell.
10. In Chapter 10, what was the author warned about if he was late again?
(a) He would be expelled.
(b) He would have to do pushups.
(c) He would have to take out the trash.
(d) He would be fired.
11. Who did Alison have a complex relationship with in Chapter 16?
12. Who was the first person the author hitchhiked with in Chapter 11?
(a) A truck driver.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) A woman truck driver.
(d) A woman with a baby.
13. What was Dagmar doing when she made her confirmation to the author in Chapter 13?
(a) Brushing her hair.
(c) Using the toilet.
(d) Putting on makeup.
14. What did the author say his excuse was for being late to dinner in Chapter 13?
(a) He was helping a lady change her flat tire.
(b) He was at a funeral.
(c) He was at church.
(d) He was shopping.
15. How did the author feel when he was accepted to college?
(d) Relatively calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the author attend school in Denmark?
2. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 9?
3. Where was the author left, after his mother left in Chapter 11?
4. Who waved to the author in Chapter 17?
5. Who was born at the beginning of Chapter 11?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)