|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the author in the trip he related back to in Chapter 14?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 17 years old.
(c) 16 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
2. What did Jean ask in his letter in Chapter 11?
(a) Asked Alison to babysit Jessica.
(b) Asked her to come back and make Nell move out.
(c) Asked the author to come home.
(d) Asked Alison and the author to move away.
3. Who does the author mention being self-absorbed and self-dramatizing in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Case.
(b) Mrs. Huggins.
(c) Dr. Casey.
(d) Dr. Williams.
4. Who was the author's second ride with in Chapter 11?
(a) A hippie.
(b) A woman and a baby.
(c) An overwight trucker.
(d) A woman truckdriver.
5. What did the author relate to in Chapter 14?
(a) A visit to the west coast.
(b) His trip to Eurpoe.
(c) A visit to New York.
(d) A visit to Florida.
6. What did the author see that suddenly made him sexually energized in Chapter 10?
(a) A woman's neck.
(b) A woman's thigh.
(c) A woman's cleavage.
(d) A woman's wrist.
7. What did the author learn about his mother as he was writing his entrance exams for college?
(a) She was divorcing Jean.
(b) She was in a mental hospital.
(c) She had cancer.
(d) She was pregnant again.
8. Who was the first person the author hitchhiked with in Chapter 11?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) A truck driver.
(c) A woman with a baby.
(d) A woman truck driver.
9. On what day did the author get his job back in Chapter 15?
10. Who was the author's telegram from in Chapter 15?
11. Where was the author moving at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(b) Ft. Lauderdale.
(d) New York.
12. In Chapter 10, what was the author warned about if he was late again?
(a) He would be fired.
(b) He would have to do pushups.
(c) He would have to take out the trash.
(d) He would be expelled.
13. Where did Dagmar go in Chapter 11?
(a) Ft. Lauderdale.
14. Where did the author attend school in Denmark?
(a) Elsinore High.
(b) The Acadamy of Elsinore Art.
(c) International Folk Academy.
(d) The International Folk High Shcool of Elsinore.
15. What was the author's early morning job in Chapter 10?
(a) Sweeping the floors at the library.
(b) Taking out the trash at school.
(c) Shelving books at the library.
(d) Taking out Jean's trash.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what did the author have in common with the person he hitchhiked with?
2. Which of the following is NOT a description of Tobey when the author visited him in the trip he described in Chapter 14?
3. What did the author's mother do upon her return home in Chapter 13?
4. What does the author describe at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. What did the friend from school patronize the author about at the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)