|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the author accepted to for college?
(a) University of Virginia.
(b) Boston College.
(c) Haverford College.
(d) Harvard University.
2. On what day did the author get his job back in Chapter 15?
3. Which of the following is NOT a description of Tobey when the author visited him in the trip he described in Chapter 14?
(a) School drop out.
(b) Barely articulate.
(d) Acne faced.
4. Who was the author's telegram from in Chapter 15?
5. How did the author describe his coworker Jimmy?
(a) He was witty.
(b) He was a beast.
(c) He was scrawny.
(d) He was an ex-con.
6. Who does the author mention being self-absorbed and self-dramatizing in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Case.
(b) Dr. Casey.
(c) Dr. Williams.
(d) Mrs. Huggins.
7. Where did the author go in the spring, in Chapter 18?
8. What was the outcome of the author's trip he described in Chapter 14?
(a) It was disappointing.
(b) It was so much fun.
(c) He was stung by a bee.
(d) He was stung by a jellyfish.
9. What was the author's early morning job in Chapter 10?
(a) Shelving books at the library.
(b) Taking out Jean's trash.
(c) Taking out the trash at school.
(d) Sweeping the floors at the library.
10. What was the name of the person born in Chapter 11?
11. Who did the author encounter in Chapter 9?
(a) A corrupt policeman.
(b) The mayor of Miami.
(c) A waitress.
(d) The mayor of New York.
12. Which of the following was not revealed about the person who moved in with the author in Chapter 11?
(a) She was a mother.
(b) She was suicidal.
(c) She was a lying writer and actress.
(d) She was manipulative.
13. What was the author's family's cleaning lady's name, who lived in Harlem?
14. Where did the author hitchhike to in Chapter 11?
(d) New York.
15. What happened in Chapters 9 and 10 that presented the component of disillusionment?
(a) The encounter with the corrupt policeman.
(b) The author was late to school.
(c) The author questions why he feels the way he does.
(d) The author's motivation from sexual desire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did his mother reluctantly confirm to the author in Chapter 13?
2. What did Jean ask in his letter in Chapter 11?
3. After Dagmar left, who moved in with the author?
4. In Chapter 11, what did the author have in common with the person he hitchhiked with?
5. What was significant about what the friend said who patronized him in Chapter 13?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)