|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the second person the author hitchhiked with dream of being?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A writer.
(c) An opera singer.
(d) A dancer.
2. In Chapter 10, what was the author warned about if he was late again?
(a) He would be expelled.
(b) He would have to take out the trash.
(c) He would be fired.
(d) He would have to do pushups.
3. In what season did Chapter 9 take place?
4. Who does the author mention being self-absorbed and self-dramatizing in Chapter 10?
(a) Dr. Case.
(b) Dr. Casey.
(c) Dr. Williams.
(d) Mrs. Huggins.
5. What did the author do after a day of lounging on the deck in Chapter 15?
(a) Dressed up and went to first class.
(b) Took a cold shower and shaved in hot water.
(c) Got a massage.
(d) Read in the bathtub.
6. What was significant about what the friend said who patronized him in Chapter 13?
(a) It made him sick.
(b) It was the first he heard of his mother's illness.
(c) It was the first he heard of his father's illness.
(d) It made him hit the friend.
7. Who did the author see at his early morning job on the particular day described in Chapter 10?
(a) His ex-girlfriend.
(c) A beautiful woman.
8. Why did the author avoid going home to dinner in Chapter 13?
(a) He was angry at his mom.
(b) He didn't want to see Jean.
(c) He had a bad day at work and school.
(d) He didn't want what his mom was cooking.
9. Who did the author meet at dinner on his first night in Chapter 15?
(a) 4 men.
(b) 4 women going to France.
(c) 4 French women.
(d) 4 women going to Germany.
10. What was the outcome of the author's trip he described in Chapter 14?
(a) It was so much fun.
(b) It was disappointing.
(c) He was stung by a jellyfish.
(d) He was stung by a bee.
11. What did the author's coworker Sid do?
12. Where did the author work in Chapter 15?
(a) The Electric Elephant Cafe.
(b) The Electro Magenetic Cafe.
(c) The Electro Research Company.
(d) The Electric Field.
13. What disrupted the author's surge of sexual energy on this particular day in Chapter 10?
(a) A phone call.
(b) The woman bursting into tears.
(c) His boss telling him to take out the garbage.
(d) The books falling off the shelf.
14. Where did the author attend school in Denmark?
(a) International Folk Academy.
(b) The Acadamy of Elsinore Art.
(c) Elsinore High.
(d) The International Folk High Shcool of Elsinore.
15. What was the name of the Swedish girl the author had a restrained relationship with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not revealed about the person who moved in with the author in Chapter 11?
2. What did the author do after he made his way through the crowd in Chapter 17?
3. What does the author describe at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. What was the author awkwardly questioned about in Chapter 10?
5. Who did Jean write a letter to in Chapter 11?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)