|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author go the day he parted with his friend in Chapter 3?
(a) His dad's.
(b) His sister, Alison's.
(c) His maternal grandmother's.
(d) His paternal grandmother's.
2. Where did Jean travel to get the things he needed to begin his plans of making money in Chapter 3?
(d) Up the road.
3. What does the author feel is necessary to be interrupted?
(a) The order of life.
(b) Incorrect grammar.
(c) The order of the universe.
(d) People speaking.
4. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
(a) The author's perspective.
(b) The author's opinion.
(c) The author's memory and present life.
(d) The author's vision.
5. Why did Tobey have to accompany his father to work in Chapter 6?
(a) To keep him sober.
(b) To manage the fields.
(c) To keep him company.
(d) To work for him.
6. When did the peak of the pianist and Jean's relationship occur?
(b) 4th of July.
(c) Chirstmas day.
7. What has the author gained between the time he writes about these events to the time in which they actually took place?
8. In Chapter 3, who said "I feel like I've been on this trip all my life"?
(a) The author's mom.
(b) The author.
9. How many months pregnant was Dagmar in Chapter 6?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 5 months.
10. Which of the following does the author NOT use to describe the sun in Chapter 6?
11. Who was Ligget?
(a) A boy who was put on "trial" by the other boys.
(b) A frog.
(c) The author's pet dog.
(d) The name of the school gym.
12. What does the author describe grew between the pianist and Jean?
(a) A loving relationship.
(c) A growing friendship.
(d) A growing enmity.
13. According to the prologue, when did the author find himself racing home?
(a) After work.
(b) After school.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) Before dinner.
14. Where was the experimental boarding school the author describes in Chapter 1?
(a) Ft. Lauderdale.
(b) Jacksonville, Fl.
15. In what season did the author's friendship blossom, in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author recall about the conditions of the person he remembers in Chapter 1?
2. What was the prize for the competition the author and Tobey competed in?
3. What was the name of the experimental boarding school the author attended in Chapter 1?
4. What are the contents of Chapters 4 and 5 examples of?
5. What was the author in constant fear of in Chapter 4?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)