|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the verdict of Ligget's trial?
(a) He was found guilty.
(b) He was beaten.
(c) He lost the battle.
(d) He died.
2. Who told the author he lost, at the game in Chapter 6?
(c) Tobey's dad.
(d) The man running the game.
3. What does the prologue offer the reader?
(a) A background on the author's family.
(b) Describe's the author's visions.
(c) An excuse to read more.
(d) A sense of the author as a human being.
4. Where did the author go with Tobey and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) The mountains.
(b) To dinner.
(c) A county fair.
(d) The beach.
5. Which of the following was NOT an outcome of Ligget's punishment?
(a) He was taken to the hospital with a broken jaw.
(b) The other boys were never punished.
(c) He got a stomach virus.
(d) He never went back to school.
6. Who was Ligget?
(a) A boy who was put on "trial" by the other boys.
(b) The name of the school gym.
(c) A frog.
(d) The author's pet dog.
7. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
(a) The author's opinion.
(b) The author's vision.
(c) The author's perspective.
(d) The author's memory and present life.
8. Where was the experimental boarding school the author describes in Chapter 1?
(a) Ft. Lauderdale.
(b) Jacksonville, Fl.
9. What did the author and the other boys accuse Ligget of being?
(a) A racist.
(c) A bigot.
10. What does the author feel is necessary to be interrupted?
(a) The order of the universe.
(b) People speaking.
(c) Incorrect grammar.
(d) The order of life.
11. What was the name of the experimental boarding school the author attended in Chapter 1?
12. Who of the following was NOT an important person to the author's childhood?
(a) The author's mom.
13. How does Chapter 7 end?
(a) With a fight between Jean and Dagmar.
(b) With a fight between Tobey and the author.
(c) With the author running away.
(d) With a narration about a bike ride.
14. When did the author and Tobey begin to explore the English language's crudities?
(a) In Tobey's bedroom.
(b) On a hiking trip.
(c) During a camping trip.
(d) On a lunch break.
15. Where did Jean travel to get the things he needed to begin his plans of making money in Chapter 3?
(a) Up the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the author's father die?
2. What did the author and Tobey compete in, in Chapter 6?
3. How does the author describe his time with his friend in Chapter 3?
4. Where did the author take refuge after he and Tobey stopped exploring together?
5. What did the author pretend to do on the car ride home in Chapter 6?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)