|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months pregnant was Dagmar in Chapter 6?
(a) 9 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 2 months.
2. In Chapter 3, what did Jean do?
(a) Opened a store.
(b) Built a second house.
(c) Became a cab driver.
(d) Gave horse riding lessons.
3. What does the author say Dagmar was wearing at his school's recital?
4. Where did the author and his family go at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. According to the end of Chapter 1, what is significant about anarchy?
(a) It has control.
(b) It is defined and refuted.
(d) The author presents a paradoxical view of it.
6. What was the verdict of Ligget's trial?
(a) He lost the battle.
(b) He was beaten.
(c) He was found guilty.
(d) He died.
7. According to Chapter 1, what does a first person biography offer?
(a) A broader scope over its personal context.
(b) Historical insight.
(c) A personal opinion about life.
8. How does the author describe his time with his friend in Chapter 3?
(b) It is a bond that will last a lifetime.
(c) Silent solitude and joy at the core.
9. When did the author and Tobey begin to explore the English language's crudities?
(a) In Tobey's bedroom.
(b) On a lunch break.
(c) During a camping trip.
(d) On a hiking trip.
10. What was Ligget's punishment?
(a) 40 boys were allowed to kick him.
(b) He had to keep score for recess the entire year.
(c) He had to clean the desks every Tuesday.
(d) 40 boys were allowed to punch him.
11. How did the author's father die?
(a) In his sleep.
(b) From a boating accident.
(c) From a car accident.
(d) From cancer.
12. What did the author and his family salvage in Chapter 6?
(a) Usable wood.
(b) A newspaper article.
(c) A plant.
(d) Their car.
13. According to the prologue, when did the author find himself racing home?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) After school.
(c) After work.
(d) Before dinner.
14. How did the author feel about their arrival in Chapter 4?
(a) He was anxious.
(b) He dreaded it.
(c) He was scared.
(d) He was excited.
15. Which of the following was NOT an outcome of Ligget's punishment?
(a) He was taken to the hospital with a broken jaw.
(b) He got a stomach virus.
(c) He never went back to school.
(d) The other boys were never punished.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author mention his life was often interrupted by, in the prologue?
2. What purpose does the initial introduction to "Stop-Time's" supporting characters serve for other chapters?
3. Where did the author go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
5. How old was the author when his father died?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)