|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author describe Jean and Dagmar when he leaves them to go with Tobey's family in Chapter 6?
2. Where does the prologue take place?
(b) Ft. Lauderdale.
(c) New York.
3. Who of the following was NOT an important person to the author's childhood?
(c) The author's mom.
4. How was the author treated by one of the teachers at Southbury?
(a) With contempt.
(b) With adoration.
(c) With hostility.
(d) With loathing.
5. How old was the author when his father died?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
6. What purpose does the initial introduction to "Stop-Time's" supporting characters serve for other chapters?
(a) Gives a partial perspective, in which they unfold later in the text in great detail.
(b) Gives background information on the author.
(c) Supports the author's initial character.
(d) Takes away from the author's main purpose for having them in the text.
7. What is understood about the author and his perception of the people he introduces in Chapters 2 and 3?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He needs them.
(c) He loves and feels supports from them.
(d) He understands the people more while writing about them, rather than when he was living it.
8. Where was the author's apartment in Chapter 5?
(a) Ft. Lauderdale.
(d) New York.
9. What does the author describe at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Vivid recollections of leaving Freemont.
(b) A dream.
(c) His education.
(d) His thought process.
10. When did the author and Tobey begin to explore the English language's crudities?
(a) During a camping trip.
(b) On a hiking trip.
(c) On a lunch break.
(d) In Tobey's bedroom.
11. What did the author pretend to do on the car ride home in Chapter 6?
(a) Be mad.
(c) Be happy.
12. In Chapter 3, what did the author note about Jean in their debate?
(a) He was witty.
(b) He was intellectually manipulative.
(c) He had little valid arguments.
(d) He was narrow-minded.
13. Which of the following is NOT a description made by the author about the pianist?
14. Where did the author take refuge after he and Tobey stopped exploring together?
(a) The tree house.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) Under the front porch.
(d) The dog house.
15. How did the author feel about their arrival in Chapter 4?
(a) He dreaded it.
(b) He was anxious.
(c) He was scared.
(d) He was excited.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the end of Chapter 1, what is significant about anarchy?
2. What was the verdict of Ligget's trial?
3. Where did the author choose to sleep due to his fears about Southbury Training School, in Chapter 4?
4. Which of the following does the author NOT use to describe the sun in Chapter 6?
5. What does the author describe grew between the pianist and Jean?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)