|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17, 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season did the author's friendship blossom, in Chapter 3?
2. What does the author recall about the conditions of the person he remembers in Chapter 1?
(a) That he was a stable, reliable man.
(b) That he was poor.
(c) That he was rich.
(d) That he was in and out of mental hospitals during his childhood.
3. What other memory does the author also narrate at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Going fishing.
(b) A conversation he had with his mom.
(c) A frightening encounter with Jean's alcoholic brother.
(d) A near death experience.
4. Where did the author go in the spring, in Chapter 18?
5. In Chapter 3, what did the author note about Jean in their debate?
(a) He was witty.
(b) He was intellectually manipulative.
(c) He was narrow-minded.
(d) He had little valid arguments.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 3, what did the author and his friend do in their free time?
2. Who did the author see at his early morning job on the particular day described in Chapter 10?
3. What does the author recall in the final section of Chapter 1?
4. Where was the author's apartment in Chapter 5?
5. Why did the author avoid going home to dinner in Chapter 13?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)