|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17, 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author's coworker Sid do?
2. What was the atmosphere like at the experimental boarding school, according to the author?
(b) Playful and artsy.
(c) One with academic and personal feedom.
(d) Strict and stern.
3. Which of the following does the author NOT describe about the place he stayed at, in Chapter 4?
4. What does the author describe grew between the pianist and Jean?
(a) A growing enmity.
(b) A loving relationship.
(d) A growing friendship.
5. What writing style does the author repeat throughout the book?
(a) Switching from past to present tenses.
(b) A journal style.
(d) Switching from 1st to 3rd person.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who was the pianist jealous over?
2. What does the metaphor of multiple floors in his school suggest?
3. Where did the author go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Where did the author work in Chapter 15?
5. What did the author and Tobey compete in, in Chapter 6?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)