|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11, 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in Chapters 9 and 10 that presented the component of disillusionment?
(a) The author questions why he feels the way he does.
(b) The encounter with the corrupt policeman.
(c) The author was late to school.
(d) The author's motivation from sexual desire.
2. How long did the pianist live in the author's mom's apartment?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
3. What does the author describe in the final section of Chapter 1?
(a) His hunger.
(b) A dream.
(c) A sleepless night.
(d) His headache.
4. What did Jean ask in his letter in Chapter 11?
(a) Asked Alison and the author to move away.
(b) Asked her to come back and make Nell move out.
(c) Asked Alison to babysit Jessica.
(d) Asked the author to come home.
5. Why did Tobey have to accompany his father to work in Chapter 6?
(a) To work for him.
(b) To keep him sober.
(c) To manage the fields.
(d) To keep him company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is understood about the author and his perception of the people he introduces in Chapters 2 and 3?
2. Where were the series of joke items purchased that were played on Jean by the pianist?
3. What does the metaphor of multiple floors in his school suggest?
4. How did the author feel about their arrival in Chapter 4?
5. According to Chapter 1, what does a first person biography offer?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)