|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author describe at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The author's dream.
(b) The family's return to Florida.
(c) A lake.
2. How long did the pianist live in the author's mom's apartment?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 9 years.
3. What is described at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) How the author injured the pianist.
(b) How the pianist hurt Dagmar.
(c) How the author left home.
(d) How the relationship of the pianist and Dagmar ended.
4. What are the contents of Chapters 4 and 5 examples of?
(a) Unrealistic and unnecessary to the context of the book.
(b) A "coming of age" story.
(c) A description of relationships.
5. What is understood about the author and his perception of the people he introduces in Chapters 2 and 3?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He understands the people more while writing about them, rather than when he was living it.
(c) He needs them.
(d) He loves and feels supports from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What purpose does the initial introduction to "Stop-Time's" supporting characters serve for other chapters?
2. What did the author and Tobey compete in, in Chapter 6?
3. Where did the author and his family go at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Where did the author choose to sleep due to his fears about Southbury Training School, in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 3, who said "I feel like I've been on this trip all my life"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)