|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the author and Tobey begin to explore the English language's crudities?
(a) During a camping trip.
(b) In Tobey's bedroom.
(c) On a lunch break.
(d) On a hiking trip.
2. What did the author pretend to do on the car ride home in Chapter 6?
(b) Be mad.
(c) Be happy.
3. What was the name of the person the author mentioned being frightened by in Chapter 2?
(b) He gives no name.
4. How does the author describe his time with his friend in Chapter 3?
(c) Silent solitude and joy at the core.
(d) It is a bond that will last a lifetime.
5. Who accompanies the author at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(c) Alison and Tobey.
(d) Jean and his mom, Dagmar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author mention his life was often interrupted by, in the prologue?
2. In what season did the author's friendship blossom, in Chapter 3?
3. What did the author and the other boys accuse Ligget of being?
4. When did the peak of the pianist and Jean's relationship occur?
5. Who of the following is NOT mentioned being with the author at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)