|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jean plan to make money in Chapter 3?
(a) Renting his house out.
(b) Selling hunting gear.
(c) Charging for private lessons on horseback riding.
(d) Cab rides.
2. What is described at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) How the relationship of the pianist and Dagmar ended.
(b) How the pianist hurt Dagmar.
(c) How the author left home.
(d) How the author injured the pianist.
3. Who was Ligget?
(a) The author's pet dog.
(b) A boy who was put on "trial" by the other boys.
(c) The name of the school gym.
(d) A frog.
4. What is understood about the author and his perception of the people he introduces in Chapters 2 and 3?
(a) He loves and feels supports from them.
(b) He needs them.
(c) He hates them.
(d) He understands the people more while writing about them, rather than when he was living it.
5. What other memory does the author also narrate at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) A near death experience.
(b) A conversation he had with his mom.
(c) Going fishing.
(d) A frightening encounter with Jean's alcoholic brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 4, why did the author have to go to the location he did?
2. Where did the author go with Tobey and his family in Chapter 6?
3. Where were the series of joke items purchased that were played on Jean by the pianist?
4. What did the author and Tobey ride when the author went with Tobey's family in Chapter 6?
5. Where did the author go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)