|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the pianist live in the author's mom's apartment?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
2. When did the author and Tobey begin to explore the English language's crudities?
(a) On a lunch break.
(b) During a camping trip.
(c) In Tobey's bedroom.
(d) On a hiking trip.
3. What does the author describe in the prologue?
(a) His house.
(b) His peaceful and productive country life.
(c) His job.
(d) His dreams.
4. What did the author and his family salvage in Chapter 6?
(a) A plant.
(b) Usable wood.
(c) A newspaper article.
(d) Their car.
5. Where did the author go with Tobey and his family in Chapter 6?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The beach.
(c) To dinner.
(d) A county fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the author's friend that he narrates about in Chapter 3?
2. Why did Tobey have to accompany his father to work in Chapter 6?
3. According to Chapter 3, what did the author and his friend do in their free time?
4. What does the prologue offer the reader?
5. Which of the following does the author NOT describe about the place he stayed at, in Chapter 4?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)