|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the prologue, when did the author find himself racing home?
(a) Before dinner.
(b) After school.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) After work.
2. Which of the following does the author NOT describe about the place he stayed at, in Chapter 4?
3. Where were the series of joke items purchased that were played on Jean by the pianist?
(a) The grovery store.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) A novelty store.
4. In Chapter 3, who said "I feel like I've been on this trip all my life"?
(a) The author's mom.
(d) The author.
5. What does the author recall in the final section of Chapter 1?
(a) Waking in a white room filled with sunshine.
(b) His dad's voice.
(c) His childhood friend.
(d) His mom singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
2. What other memory does the author also narrate at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. Where did the author choose to sleep due to his fears about Southbury Training School, in Chapter 4?
4. Who accompanies the author at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. According to Chapter 1, what does a first person biography offer?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)