|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prologue offer the reader?
(a) An excuse to read more.
(b) A sense of the author as a human being.
(c) Describe's the author's visions.
(d) A background on the author's family.
2. What other memory does the author also narrate at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) A conversation he had with his mom.
(b) A frightening encounter with Jean's alcoholic brother.
(c) A near death experience.
(d) Going fishing.
3. What writing style does the author repeat throughout the book?
(a) A journal style.
(b) Switching from past to present tenses.
(c) Switching from 1st to 3rd person.
4. What does the author describe in the prologue?
(a) His house.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His peaceful and productive country life.
(d) His job.
5. What does the author recall in the final section of Chapter 1?
(a) His dad's voice.
(b) His childhood friend.
(c) His mom singing.
(d) Waking in a white room filled with sunshine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what does the author mention he and his friend discovered together?
2. How old was the author when his father died?
3. What was the author in constant fear of in Chapter 4?
4. Where did the author and his family go at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. Where does the prologue take place?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)