|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writing style does the author repeat throughout the book?
(a) Switching from 1st to 3rd person.
(c) A journal style.
(d) Switching from past to present tenses.
2. In what season did the author's friendship blossom, in Chapter 3?
3. What was the atmosphere like at the experimental boarding school, according to the author?
(a) Playful and artsy.
(b) Strict and stern.
(d) One with academic and personal feedom.
4. Who does the author remember at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) His father.
(b) His first wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His first house.
5. What was Ligget's punishment?
(a) He had to clean the desks every Tuesday.
(b) He had to keep score for recess the entire year.
(c) 40 boys were allowed to kick him.
(d) 40 boys were allowed to punch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the experimental boarding school the author attended in Chapter 1?
2. What did the author and the other boys accuse Ligget of being?
3. Who was Ligget?
4. What is understood about the author and his perception of the people he introduces in Chapters 2 and 3?
5. What does the author feel is necessary to be interrupted?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)