|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
(a) The author's opinion.
(b) The author's vision.
(c) The author's perspective.
(d) The author's memory and present life.
2. What does the author mention his life was often interrupted by, in the prologue?
(a) His mom.
(b) Drunken visits to New York.
(c) Visits from his family.
(d) Drunken visits to London.
3. How does the author describe his time with his friend in Chapter 3?
(a) Silent solitude and joy at the core.
(b) It is a bond that will last a lifetime.
4. What did the author and the other boys accuse Ligget of being?
(b) A racist.
(d) A bigot.
5. How did the author's father die?
(a) From a boating accident.
(b) In his sleep.
(c) From a car accident.
(d) From cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author feel is necessary to be interrupted?
2. What was the name of the experimental boarding school the author attended in Chapter 1?
3. What is understood about the author and his perception of the people he introduces in Chapters 2 and 3?
4. Why were the author and his family traveling at the beginning of Chapter 2?
5. What other memory does the author also narrate at the beginning of Chapter 2?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)