|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2 and 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is understood about the author and his perception of the people he introduces in Chapters 2 and 3?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He needs them.
(c) He loves and feels supports from them.
(d) He understands the people more while writing about them, rather than when he was living it.
2. What did the author and the other boys accuse Ligget of being?
(b) A racist.
(d) A bigot.
3. Where did the author and his family go at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. Who was Ligget?
(a) The name of the school gym.
(b) The author's pet dog.
(c) A boy who was put on "trial" by the other boys.
(d) A frog.
5. Where did Jean travel to get the things he needed to begin his plans of making money in Chapter 3?
(a) Up the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ligget's punishment?
2. In Chapter 3, who said "I feel like I've been on this trip all my life"?
3. What has the author gained between the time he writes about these events to the time in which they actually took place?
4. Which of the following was NOT an outcome of Ligget's punishment?
5. What does the author describe in the final section of Chapter 1?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)