|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17, 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dagmar left, who moved in with the author?
(a) A thin, nervous young woman.
(b) Another child.
(c) A prostitute.
(d) His grandmother.
2. Why did the author avoid going home to dinner in Chapter 13?
(a) He had a bad day at work and school.
(b) He didn't want what his mom was cooking.
(c) He was angry at his mom.
(d) He didn't want to see Jean.
3. What was the name of the person the author mentioned being frightened by in Chapter 2?
(d) He gives no name.
4. Who waved to the author in Chapter 17?
(a) Jean and Victor.
(b) Dagmar and Jessica.
(c) Dagmar and Jean.
(d) Alison and Dagmar.
5. Which of the following is NOT a description of Tobey when the author visited him in the trip he described in Chapter 14?
(a) Barely articulate.
(b) Acne faced.
(c) School drop out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Jean write a letter to in Chapter 11?
2. What did the author contemplate doing after the fruit stand failed in Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 10, what was the author warned about if he was late again?
4. Why did Tobey have to accompany his father to work in Chapter 6?
5. How was the author treated by one of the teachers at Southbury?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)