|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17, 18 and 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the peak of the pianist and Jean's relationship occur?
(a) Chirstmas day.
(d) 4th of July.
2. What did Jean ask in his letter in Chapter 11?
(a) Asked her to come back and make Nell move out.
(b) Asked the author to come home.
(c) Asked Alison and the author to move away.
(d) Asked Alison to babysit Jessica.
3. In Chapter 3, what does the author mention he and his friend discovered together?
(a) A dead mule.
(b) A dead cat.
(c) A dead deer.
(d) A dead horse.
4. What did the author contemplate doing after the fruit stand failed in Chapter 9?
(a) Running away.
(b) Moving back to Ft. Lauderdale.
(c) Moving back to New York.
(d) Jumping off a fire escape.
5. What was the outcome of the author's trip he described in Chapter 14?
(a) He was stung by a jellyfish.
(b) It was disappointing.
(c) It was so much fun.
(d) He was stung by a bee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Swedish girl the author had a restrained relationship with?
2. What does the author describe in the final section of Chapter 1?
3. How was the author treated by one of the teachers at Southbury?
4. Who did the author meet at dinner on his first night in Chapter 15?
5. What was the author's early morning job in Chapter 10?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)