|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author feel about their arrival in Chapter 4?
(a) He was excited.
(b) He was scared.
(c) He was anxious.
(d) He dreaded it.
2. Who does the author remember at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) His first wife.
(b) His first house.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
3. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
(a) The author's vision.
(b) The author's opinion.
(c) The author's perspective.
(d) The author's memory and present life.
4. According to the prologue, when did the author find himself racing home?
(a) Before dinner.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) After school.
(d) After work.
5. Which of the following does the author NOT describe about the place he stayed at, in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author recall in the final section of Chapter 1?
2. What was the atmosphere like at the experimental boarding school, according to the author?
3. Who of the following is NOT mentioned being with the author at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. How did the author's father die?
5. What does the author describe grew between the pianist and Jean?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)