|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the series of joke items purchased that were played on Jean by the pianist?
(a) A novelty store.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) The grovery store.
2. How old was the author when his father died?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
3. How does the author describe his time with his friend in Chapter 3?
(b) Silent solitude and joy at the core.
(c) It is a bond that will last a lifetime.
4. Which of the following does the author NOT describe about the place he stayed at, in Chapter 4?
5. Where did the author go at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The lodge.
(b) The woods.
(c) The cabin.
(d) Another school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the author in constant fear of in Chapter 4?
2. What does the author describe being blurred in the final section of Chapter 1?
3. Where did Jean travel to get the things he needed to begin his plans of making money in Chapter 3?
4. What does the prologue offer the reader?
5. Who does Chapter 5 describe?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)