|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author remember at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) His mother.
(b) His first house.
(c) His first wife.
(d) His father.
2. In Chapter 10, what was the author warned about if he was late again?
(a) He would have to do pushups.
(b) He would be expelled.
(c) He would have to take out the trash.
(d) He would be fired.
3. What was the name of the experimental boarding school the author attended in Chapter 1?
4. What did the person who told the author he lost do to make Tobey lose the game in Chapter 6?
(a) Blocked the finish line.
(b) Moved his rings aside.
(c) Was not watching to validly say who won or lost.
(d) Did not time the race.
5. Where were the series of joke items purchased that were played on Jean by the pianist?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The grovery store.
(c) A novelty store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author and Tobey compete in, in Chapter 6?
2. How did the author feel about their arrival in Chapter 4?
3. How was the author treated by one of the teachers at Southbury?
4. When did the author and Tobey begin to explore the English language's crudities?
5. How old was the author when his father died?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)