|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the author confronted by a teacher at Southbury?
(a) During a trip to the library.
(b) In his dreams.
(c) At the cafeteria.
(d) On the way to the bathroom.
2. What other memory does the author also narrate at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) A frightening encounter with Jean's alcoholic brother.
(b) A near death experience.
(c) A conversation he had with his mom.
(d) Going fishing.
3. How does the author describe Jean and Dagmar when he leaves them to go with Tobey's family in Chapter 6?
4. In what season did Chapter 9 take place?
5. What does the author mention his life was often interrupted by, in the prologue?
(a) Visits from his family.
(b) Drunken visits to London.
(c) His mom.
(d) Drunken visits to New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the author's friend that he narrates about in Chapter 3?
2. What does the author recall about the conditions of the person he remembers in Chapter 1?
3. What did the author and his family salvage in Chapter 6?
4. What was the name of the experimental boarding school the author attended in Chapter 1?
5. What are Chapters 2 and 3 examples of in relation to most autobiographies?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)