|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Central Asia Institute was the first organization to rebuild earthquake resistant schools in Azad Kashmir when?
2. What occupation did Wakil Karimi hold when Mortenson met him?
3. Kunar Province borders what province to the south?
4. After his surgery, Mortenson ordered Sarfraz to take how long off work in Part 2: Chapter 10?
5. What percentage of the students in the tent schools in Patika passed their tests in the spring in Part 2: Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the school in Saw completed? What was the reaction of the Taliban?
2. How was the entrance of Azad Kashmir described by Sarfraz Khan in Part 2: Chapter 8?
3. What tasks was Sarfraz Khan in charge of after the Kashmir earthquake in Part 2: Chapter 10?
4. What did the desks symbolize to the students in Pakistan after the earthquake?
5. What donations and aid came into CAI following the Kashmir earthquake? What obstacles did the charity face?
6. What actions did Shaukat Ali Chaudry take during the Kashmir earthquake?
7. What illness did Sartfraz Khan suffer from in Part 2: Chapter 10?
8. What were LTC Chris Kolenda's duties in Afghanistan? How were these atypical?
9. Where was Mortenson when he learned of the Kashmir earthquake? What did he do?
10. How did the Kashmir earthquake affect the Government Boys' Degree High School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characteristics of Sadhar Khan in the narrative and examine other accounts of this individual. What did Mortenson hope to gain by meeting Sadhar?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Kashmir earthquake and its impact in Patika, Pakistan. Why were schools impacted as badly as they were in the disaster?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the geography of K2 and Mortenson's experiences there as detailed in Three Cups of Tea. What criticism has Mortenson's previous book drawn?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)