|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 3: Chapter 13, Kunar almost turned around on his first trip into Kunar Province, but changed his mind after ____________.
2. From what village was Wakil Karimi?
3. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's daughter?
4. What ex-Taliban member taught at the Government Boys' Degree High School?
5. What is the state capital of Kashmir?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illness did Sartfraz Khan suffer from in Part 2: Chapter 10?
2. What did Mortenson discover about military support in Part 3: Chapter 12?
3. How did the Taliban respond to the Kashmir earthquake?
4. How long after his recovery in Part 2: Chapter 10 was Sarfraz Khan working again? Where?
5. How did Wakil Karimi feel about entering Kunar in Part 3: Chapter 13? What changed his mind?
6. What occupied Mortenson's mind upon returning to Montana in Part 2: Chapter 9?
7. How was the entrance of Azad Kashmir described by Sarfraz Khan in Part 2: Chapter 8?
8. Why did Sarfraz Khan convince Mortenson to delay building permanent structures after the Kashmir earthquake?
9. What were Mortenson's feelings about the military as described in Part 3: Chapter 12?
10. How did the Kashmir earthquake affect the Government Boys' Degree High School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the characteristics of Sadhar Khan in the narrative and examine other accounts of this individual. What did Mortenson hope to gain by meeting Sadhar?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the geography of K2 and Mortenson's experiences there as detailed in Three Cups of Tea. What criticism has Mortenson's previous book drawn?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the current relationship between the United States and Afghanistan. How has the War on Terror evolved during your lifetime? How do you feel its impact is felt overseas?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)