|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what village did Mortenson notice that many of the children were not attending classes in Part 2: Chapter 9?
2. How long after returning home from the hospital was Sarfraz back in Azad Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 10?
3. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz continued to monitor the tent schools in Azad Kashmir as well as what other locations?
4. From what village was Wakil Karimi?
5. Before Mortenson and his team could complete the final leg of their journey in Part 3: Chapter 14, Mortenson learned that _________ wanted to have lunch with him in three days.
Short Essay Questions
1. What donations and aid came into CAI following the Kashmir earthquake? What obstacles did the charity face?
2. How did Chaudry feel about aid workers in Part 2: Chapter 10? Where was there hope?
3. Describe the aftermath of the Kashmir earthquake. Who were many of the casualties?
4. Why did Sarfraz Khan convince Mortenson to delay building permanent structures after the Kashmir earthquake?
5. What did Mortenson discover about military support in Part 3: Chapter 12?
6. How long after his recovery in Part 2: Chapter 10 was Sarfraz Khan working again? Where?
7. What were Mortenson's feelings about the military as described in Part 3: Chapter 12?
8. How did the Kashmir earthquake affect the Government Boys' Degree High School?
9. How did the Taliban respond to the Kashmir earthquake?
10. What actions did Shaukat Ali Chaudry take during the Kashmir earthquake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss reactions in Afghanistan to the Newsweek article printed in 2005. How were NGOs in danger?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the history of the opium trade in Afghanistan. Why did the opium trade grow following the outbreak of war in the country?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the geography of K2 and Mortenson's experiences there as detailed in Three Cups of Tea. What criticism has Mortenson's previous book drawn?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)