|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of foreign relief coordination after the Kashmir earthquake in Pakistan?
2. What reconstruction authority was made by the military regime to accommodate the retired high military officials while keeping the command of the reconstruction and rehabilitation authority directly under the military in Pakistan?
3. What term is prevalently used as an euphemism for civilian casualties of a military action?
4. From what village was Wakil Karimi?
5. After his surgery, Mortenson ordered Sarfraz to take how long off work in Part 2: Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wrote to Mortenson for help in Part 3: Chapter 12? What was Mortenson's response?
2. What occupied Mortenson's mind upon returning to Montana in Part 2: Chapter 9?
3. What actions did Shaukat Ali Chaudry take during the Kashmir earthquake?
4. How was the entrance of Azad Kashmir described by Sarfraz Khan in Part 2: Chapter 8?
5. When was the school in Saw completed? What was the reaction of the Taliban?
6. What illness did Sartfraz Khan suffer from in Part 2: Chapter 10?
7. What did Mortenson discover about military support in Part 3: Chapter 12?
8. What were Mortenson's feelings about the military as described in Part 3: Chapter 12?
9. Describe the aftermath of the Kashmir earthquake. Who were many of the casualties?
10. Why did Sarfraz Khan convince Mortenson to delay building permanent structures after the Kashmir earthquake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons CAI was unable to contribute aid to the people of Pakistan after the Kashmir earthquake. What were the major relief charities from the U.S.?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and work of Greg Mortenson. How is this book related to Three Cups of Tea?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the geography of K2 and Mortenson's experiences there as detailed in Three Cups of Tea. What criticism has Mortenson's previous book drawn?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)