|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did Prince Charles of Britain and his wife visit the school at Patika in Part 2: Chapter 11?
(a) February 10, 2005.
(b) March 26, 2007.
(c) May 19, 2003.
(d) November 1, 2006.
2. What is a Himalayan gorge in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan, stretching from Muzaffarabad all the way to Athmuqam and beyond to Taobutt?
(a) The Vedanta Canyon.
(b) The Anandatman Canyon.
(c) The Pratikam Valley.
(d) The Neelum Valley.
3. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz underwent surgery for what?
(a) Lung cancer.
(b) Abscessed gall bladder and liver.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Broken foot.
4. Approximately how many casualties were there from the Kashmir earthquake?
5. What was the magnitude of the Kashmir earthquake?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kashmir lies in the area of collision of the Eurasian and what tectonic plates?
2. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Mortenson's daughter asked a simple question which led to CAI sending thousands of ___________ to Pakistani schools.
3. In Part 2: Chapter 10, ____________ and his principal continued to teach out of tents in Patika, after growing weary of the promises of aid workers and government agents who failed to follow through?
4. Kunar Province borders what province to the north?
5. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the entrance of Azad Kashmir described by Sarfraz Khan in Part 2: Chapter 8?
2. What donations and aid came into CAI following the Kashmir earthquake? What obstacles did the charity face?
3. Describe the aftermath of the Kashmir earthquake. Who were many of the casualties?
4. What were Mortenson's feelings about the military as described in Part 3: Chapter 12?
5. What occupied Mortenson's mind upon returning to Montana in Part 2: Chapter 9?
6. What project did Wakil Karimi convince Mortenson to take on in Part 3: Chapter 13?
7. What did the desks symbolize to the students in Pakistan after the earthquake?
8. What did Farzana relate to Mortenson in Part 2: Chapter 9?
9. When and where did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi? Where was Wakil from?
10. What did Sarfraz Khan relate to Mortenson of the aid situation in Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 8?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)