|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Greg Mortonson's wife hold?
(a) Clinical psychologist.
(c) Physical trainer.
2. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz underwent surgery for what?
(a) Broken foot.
(b) Brain cancer.
(c) Abscessed gall bladder and liver.
(d) Lung cancer.
3. Where did Wakil Karimi grow up?
(a) A refugee camp.
(b) A castle.
(c) A military base.
(d) An orphanage.
4. After how long of a journey was Sarfraz finally returned to Pakistan where he underwent surgery in Part 2: Chapter 10?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 4 days.
5. In the end of Part 2: Chapter 8, Mortenson was going crazy sitting at home in Montana, so his wife told him to pack a bag and go to Pakistan despite the fact he would not be able to return home for which holiday?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2: Chapter 10, ____________ and his principal continued to teach out of tents in Patika, after growing weary of the promises of aid workers and government agents who failed to follow through?
2. What is the state capital of Kashmir?
3. When did Mortenson suffer a panic attack in Part 2: Chapter 11?
4. What is a Himalayan gorge in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan, stretching from Muzaffarabad all the way to Athmuqam and beyond to Taobutt?
5. In what city did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were LTC Chris Kolenda's duties in Afghanistan? How were these atypical?
2. What did Sarfraz Khan relate to Mortenson of the aid situation in Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 8?
3. What tasks was Sarfraz Khan in charge of after the Kashmir earthquake in Part 2: Chapter 10?
4. What did Mortenson discover about military support in Part 3: Chapter 12?
5. How did Chaudry feel about aid workers in Part 2: Chapter 10? Where was there hope?
6. How did the Kashmir earthquake affect the Government Boys' Degree High School?
7. What did Farzana relate to Mortenson in Part 2: Chapter 9?
8. When and where did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi? Where was Wakil from?
9. How did the Taliban respond to the Kashmir earthquake?
10. What occupied Mortenson's mind upon returning to Montana in Part 2: Chapter 9?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)