|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation did Wakil Karimi hold when Mortenson met him?
(a) Cab driver.
(c) Hotel clerk.
(d) Airplane pilot.
2. Where was LTC Chris Kolenda stationed when he wrote to Greg Mortenson?
(a) Samangan Province, Afghanistan.
(b) Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
(c) Faryab Province, Afghanistan.
(d) Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
3. What profession does Greg Mortonson's wife hold?
(a) Clinical psychologist.
(c) Physical trainer.
4. In what small village did Kolenda learn that the people desperately wanted a school for their children in Part 3: Chapter 12?
5. When did Mortenson suffer a panic attack in Part 2: Chapter 11?
(a) June, 2005.
(b) November, 2007.
(c) March, 2004.
(d) July, 2004.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first school in the Kunar Province completed in Part 3: Chapter 13?
2. Who was in charge of foreign relief coordination after the Kashmir earthquake in Pakistan?
3. What reconstruction authority was made by the military regime to accommodate the retired high military officials while keeping the command of the reconstruction and rehabilitation authority directly under the military in Pakistan?
4. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's daughter?
5. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz underwent surgery for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Mortenson's feelings about the military as described in Part 3: Chapter 12?
2. How did Wakil Karimi feel about entering Kunar in Part 3: Chapter 13? What changed his mind?
3. What did Sarfraz Khan relate to Mortenson of the aid situation in Kashmir in Part 2: Chapter 8?
4. What did the desks symbolize to the students in Pakistan after the earthquake?
5. When was the school in Saw completed? What was the reaction of the Taliban?
6. How did Chaudry feel about aid workers in Part 2: Chapter 10? Where was there hope?
7. What did Farzana relate to Mortenson in Part 2: Chapter 9?
8. Describe the aftermath of the Kashmir earthquake. Who were many of the casualties?
9. When and where did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi? Where was Wakil from?
10. What project did Wakil Karimi convince Mortenson to take on in Part 3: Chapter 13?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)