|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what village was the Government Boys' Degree High School located?
2. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's son?
3. Azad Kashmir has an estimated population of how many?
(a) 11 million.
(b) 1 million.
(c) 8 million.
(d) 4 million.
4. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's daughter?
5. Mortenson met Wakil Karimi in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz underwent surgery for what?
2. Kashmir lies in the area of collision of the Eurasian and what tectonic plates?
3. When did Mortenson suffer a panic attack in Part 2: Chapter 11?
4. In what small village did Kolenda learn that the people desperately wanted a school for their children in Part 3: Chapter 12?
5. In addition to the Government Boys' Degree High School, what other school was completely demolished by the Kashmir earthquake in Patika?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Chaudry feel about aid workers in Part 2: Chapter 10? Where was there hope?
2. How long after his recovery in Part 2: Chapter 10 was Sarfraz Khan working again? Where?
3. What illness did Sartfraz Khan suffer from in Part 2: Chapter 10?
4. Why did Sarfraz Khan convince Mortenson to delay building permanent structures after the Kashmir earthquake?
5. What did Farzana relate to Mortenson in Part 2: Chapter 9?
6. Describe the aftermath of the Kashmir earthquake. Who were many of the casualties?
7. What were LTC Chris Kolenda's duties in Afghanistan? How were these atypical?
8. What were Mortenson's feelings about the military as described in Part 3: Chapter 12?
9. Who wrote to Mortenson for help in Part 3: Chapter 12? What was Mortenson's response?
10. What tasks was Sarfraz Khan in charge of after the Kashmir earthquake in Part 2: Chapter 10?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)