|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state capital of Kashmir?
2. Where was LTC Chris Kolenda stationed when he wrote to Greg Mortenson?
(a) Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
(b) Samangan Province, Afghanistan.
(c) Faryab Province, Afghanistan.
(d) Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
3. What is a 500 mile mountain range that stretches between central Afghanistan and northern Pakistan?
(d) Hindu Kush.
4. What percentage of the students in the tent schools in Patika passed their tests in the spring in Part 2: Chapter 10?
5. When did the Partition of India take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many casualties were there from the Kashmir earthquake?
2. What is the capital of Kunar Province?
3. What insightful little girl informed Mortenson that the students were still traumatized by the earthquake and they wanted desks in the classroom in Part 2: Chapter 9?
4. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Mortenson got the approval for Sarfraz to build how many earthquake proof schools in Azad Kashmir?
5. What refers to the military border between the Indian- and Pakistani-controlled parts of the former princely state of Jammu and Kashmir?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi? Where was Wakil from?
2. Who wrote to Mortenson for help in Part 3: Chapter 12? What was Mortenson's response?
3. What did the desks symbolize to the students in Pakistan after the earthquake?
4. What occupied Mortenson's mind upon returning to Montana in Part 2: Chapter 9?
5. Why did Sarfraz Khan convince Mortenson to delay building permanent structures after the Kashmir earthquake?
6. What project did Wakil Karimi convince Mortenson to take on in Part 3: Chapter 13?
7. What did Mortenson discover about military support in Part 3: Chapter 12?
8. How long after his recovery in Part 2: Chapter 10 was Sarfraz Khan working again? Where?
9. What were LTC Chris Kolenda's duties in Afghanistan? How were these atypical?
10. How did Chaudry feel about aid workers in Part 2: Chapter 10? Where was there hope?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)