|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2: Chapter 10, Sarfraz underwent surgery for what?
(a) Abscessed gall bladder and liver.
(b) Broken foot.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Lung cancer.
2. Where was Greg Mortenson when he received word of the devastating earthquake in Pakistan?
(a) Dallas, Texas.
(b) Salt Lake City, UT.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) San Francisco, CA.
3. Where was LTC Chris Kolenda stationed when he wrote to Greg Mortenson?
(a) Helmand Province, Afghanistan.
(b) Kunar Province, Afghanistan.
(c) Samangan Province, Afghanistan.
(d) Faryab Province, Afghanistan.
4. What is a twin-engine, tandem rotor heavy-lift helicopter?
(a) OH-58 Kiowa.
(b) Boeing CH-47 Chinook.
(c) LAMPS SH-60B Seahawk 2.
(d) Westland WAH-64 Apache Longbow.
5. When Prince Charles of Britain and his wife visited the school at Patika, Chaudry did not mention whose help in the rebuilding of the schools?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Wakil Karimi grow up?
2. Kunar Province borders what province to the south?
3. Approximately how many casualties were there from the Kashmir earthquake?
4. In what small village did Kolenda learn that the people desperately wanted a school for their children in Part 3: Chapter 12?
5. What percentage of the students in the tent schools in Patika passed their tests in the spring in Part 2: Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Taliban respond to the Kashmir earthquake?
2. What occupied Mortenson's mind upon returning to Montana in Part 2: Chapter 9?
3. How did Wakil Karimi feel about entering Kunar in Part 3: Chapter 13? What changed his mind?
4. Why did Sarfraz Khan convince Mortenson to delay building permanent structures after the Kashmir earthquake?
5. When and where did Mortenson meet Wakil Karimi? Where was Wakil from?
6. What donations and aid came into CAI following the Kashmir earthquake? What obstacles did the charity face?
7. Where was Mortenson when he learned of the Kashmir earthquake? What did he do?
8. Describe the aftermath of the Kashmir earthquake. Who were many of the casualties?
9. What tasks was Sarfraz Khan in charge of after the Kashmir earthquake in Part 2: Chapter 10?
10. How did the Kashmir earthquake affect the Government Boys' Degree High School?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)