|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the spiritual leader of the Taliban movement that operates in Afghanistan?
(a) Hokumati Azraw.
(b) Mohammed Omar.
(c) Hokumati Darvishan.
(d) Mohammed Farkhar.
2. In addition to opiates, Afghanistan is also the largest producer of what drug in the world?
3. What refers to the Hindko speaking community who belong to the Hazara region of Pakistan?
4. What word, translated as "way" or "path" refers to the code of conduct or religious law of Islam?
5. What is the capital of Afghanistan?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Greg Mortenson begin his first trip into Afghanistan in Part 1: Chapter 3?
2. Where did Greg Mortenson earn a bachelor's degree in liberal studies and an associate's degree in nursing?
3. Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time was written by Greg Mortenson and what author?
4. Who does the author claim in Part 1: Chapter 5 was not above taking a profit from the sale of opium in his community but would take the money and use it to better the lives of his own people?
5. Where was Sarfraz Khan shot and permanently disfigured while in the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the meeting between Sadhar Khan and Mortenson described in Part 1: Chapter 4?
2. What information did Sarfraz Khan give to Mortenson when they met in Part 1: Chapter 2 about the region?
3. What led to Sarfraz Khan's disfigurement? What skills did he possess?
4. How and when did the Taliban rise to power in Afghanistan? What laws did they enact?
5. What did Mortenson learn from the minister of finance in Part 1: Chapter 3?
6. How was Sandhar Khan's position on the opium trade described in Part 1: Chapter 5?
7. What orphan did Mortenson meet in Part 1: Chapter 5? What impact did he have on the author?
8. How did Sarfraz Khan prove to be an asset to Mortenson in Part 1: Chapters 3 and 4?
9. What obstacles did CAI face in building within Afghanistan in Part 1: Chapter 5?
10. Why did Mortenson travel to Badakshan in Part 1: Chapter 4?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)