|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what village was Greg Mortenson taken and nursed back to health following his attempt at K2?
2. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
(a) The Live Five.
(b) The Dirty Dozen.
(c) The Fab Five.
(d) The Great Eight.
3. Under what Soviet leader did the Soviet war in Afghanistan come to an end?
(a) Vladimir Lenin.
(b) Mikhail Gorbachev.
(c) Georgy Malenkov.
(d) Nikolai Podgorny.
4. What is the name given to one of Asia's two principal areas of illicit opium production, located at the crossroads of Central, South, and Western Asia?
(a) The Red Square.
(b) The Brown Octogon.
(c) The Silver Wedge.
(d) The Golden Crescent.
5. When did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
6. When did Greg Mortenson begin his first trip into Afghanistan in Part 1: Chapter 3?
(a) March, 2002.
(b) June, 2001.
(c) December, 2001.
(d) May, 2000.
7. When did the Panjdeh Incident take place?
8. What Islamic movement was founded by Muhammad Qasim Nanotvi, Muhammad Yaqub Nanautawi, Shah Rafi al-Din, Sayyid Muhammad Abid, Zulfiqar Ali, Fadhl al-Rahman 'Usmani and Rashid Ahmad Gangohi?
(a) Deobandi movement.
(b) Farakh movement.
(c) Munay movement.
(d) Khandud movement.
9. Where did Greg Mortenson first meet Sarfraz Khan?
10. What does NGO stand for?
(a) Native governmental order.
(b) Non-governmental organization.
(c) Normal government operations.
(d) National government operation.
11. In 2007, what percent of the opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan?
12. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's sister, in whose memory he sought to climb K2?
13. As CAI built a school in Baharak, who began moving into the Wakhan and negotiating contracts with villages there to begin building schools?
(a) Shaukat Ali Chaudry.
(b) Sarfraz Khan.
(c) Wakil Karimi.
(d) Ashraf Ghani.
14. What refers to the Hindko speaking community who belong to the Hazara region of Pakistan?
15. What kind of missionaries were Greg Mortenson's parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan begin?
2. When did the War in Afghanistan begin with the United States invasion?
3. What word, translated as "way" or "path" refers to the code of conduct or religious law of Islam?
4. When did the Iranian Revolution take place?
5. When was Greg Mortenson born?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)