|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Greg Mortenson begin his first trip into Afghanistan in Part 1: Chapter 3?
(a) May, 2000.
(b) June, 2001.
(c) December, 2001.
(d) March, 2002.
2. What former mujahadeen commander was in charge of the Border Security Force in eastern Badakshan in Part 1: Chapter 6?
(a) Sarfraz Khan.
(b) Wakil Karimi.
(c) Wohid Khan.
(d) Sadhar Khan.
3. What does NGO stand for?
(a) Non-governmental organization.
(b) Native governmental order.
(c) National government operation.
(d) Normal government operations.
4. Where did Greg Mortenson earn a bachelor's degree in liberal studies and an associate's degree in nursing?
(a) The University of Montana.
(b) The University of Minnesota.
(c) The University of Kansas.
(d) The University of South Dakota.
5. When did Greg Mortenson attempt to climb K2, leading to events that would inspire CAI?
6. What is the peak elevation of K2?
(a) 19,470 feet.
(b) 14,411 feet.
(c) 28,251 feet.
(d) 14,496 feet.
7. What young orphan who was talented at fixing cars did Mortenson want to help in Part 1: Chapter 5?
8. What river is formed by the junction of the Vakhsh and Panj rivers?
(a) Asaya River.
(b) Oxus River.
(c) Umm River.
(d) Iftar River.
9. Where did Greg Mortenson serve in the U.S. Army after high school?
10. In the spring of 2005, Mortenson returned to Afghanistan to visit the newly finished school located in _________.
11. How old was Greg Mortenson when his family moved to Minnesota in the 1970s?
12. From what country is it the most hazardous to reach K2?
(d) United States.
13. When did the Iranian Revolution take place?
14. K2 is located among what mountain range?
(a) Hindu Kush Range.
(b) Karakoram Range.
(c) Toba Kakar Range.
(d) Kirthar Range.
15. In Part 1: Chapter 5, due to having just received a flood of donations, where was CAI able to agree to build a school to appease Sadhar?
Short Answer Questions
1. When were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda taken against the United States?
2. Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time was written by Greg Mortenson and what author?
3. What Kirghiz leader did Mortenson meet in Part 1: Chapter 6?
4. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
5. What is the second largest branch of Islam?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)