|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 15-17 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's son?
2. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan end?
3. When did Mortenson fly into Kabul and was greeted by dozens who recognized him in Part 3: Chapter 15?
4. What tribesmen which Greg Mortenson describes as a kidnapper in Stones into Schools states he is "looking into how to sue" Greg Mortenson for what he claims are lies about him?
(a) Abdul Rashid Khan.
(b) Dr. Ashraf Ghani.
(c) Mansur Khan Mahsudhe.
(d) Major General Farrukh Seir.
5. As part of his duties, Kolenda set out to calm the violence in the area not with force, but by engaging in ___________ with the village elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What afflicted Mortenson the night before they were to leave on the final leg of the journey in Part 3: Chapter 16?
2. Central Asia Institute was the first organization to rebuild earthquake resistant schools in Azad Kashmir when?
3. When did the War in Afghanistan begin with the United States invasion?
4. What is a Sanskrit title for a "great king" or "high king"?
5. When was Steve Kroft born?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)