|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 15-17 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the commander of border security in the area that promised to travel with the caravan to appease the Tajik people in Part 3: Chapter 16?
(a) Abdul Rashid Khan.
(b) Wohid Khan.
(c) Wakil Karimi.
(d) Mohammad Najibullah.
2. What is a non-written ethical code and traditional lifestyle which the indigenous Pashtun people from Afghanistan and Pakistan follow?
3. What is the state capital of Kashmir?
4. In Part 2: Chapter 10, ____________ and his principal continued to teach out of tents in Patika, after growing weary of the promises of aid workers and government agents who failed to follow through?
5. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan end?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author claim in Part 1: Chapter 5 was not above taking a profit from the sale of opium in his community but would take the money and use it to better the lives of his own people?
2. Before Mortenson and his team could complete the final leg of their journey in Part 3: Chapter 14, Mortenson learned that _________ wanted to have lunch with him in three days.
3. When was the first school in the Kunar Province completed in Part 3: Chapter 13?
4. What Bantu language did Greg Mortenson learn fluently as a child?
5. Into what areas does CAI specialize in going into first to establish schools?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)