|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 15-17 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to opiates, Afghanistan is also the largest producer of what drug in the world?
2. On what date did Prince Charles of Britain and his wife visit the school at Patika in Part 2: Chapter 11?
(a) March 26, 2007.
(b) November 1, 2006.
(c) May 19, 2003.
(d) February 10, 2005.
3. What river is formed by the junction of the Vakhsh and Panj rivers?
(a) Iftar River.
(b) Umm River.
(c) Asaya River.
(d) Oxus River.
4. In Part 3: Chapter 17, Sarfraz called to tell Mortenson that _________ was ill in a nearby town.
(a) Abdul Rashid Khan.
(b) Mikhail Gorbachev.
(c) Shaukat Ali Chaudry.
(d) Wohid Khan.
5. What is the state capital of Kashmir?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mortenson return in January in Part 2: Chapter 9?
2. When did Greg Mortenson begin his first trip into Afghanistan in Part 1: Chapter 3?
3. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Sarfraz encouraged Mortenson to delay thinking about closing what?
4. From what country is it the most hazardous to reach K2?
5. CAI reports that as of 2010 the schools built and maintained by them provide education to over how many children?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)