|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Greg Mortenson's wife?
(a) Sara Darsney.
(b) Tara Bishop.
(c) Sara Mortenson.
(d) Tara Mortenson.
2. Opium production in Afghanistan has been on the rise since the United States occupation started in what year?
3. When were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda taken against the United States?
(a) July 4, 2000.
(b) October 31, 2000.
(c) September 11, 2001.
(d) December 31, 1999.
4. From what country is it the most hazardous to reach K2?
(c) United States.
5. When it was first established, 49% of Ariana Afghan Airlines was owned by what company?
(c) Ford Motor Company.
(d) Pan American World Airways.
Short Answer Questions
1. Central Asia Institute was the first organization to rebuild earthquake resistant schools in Azad Kashmir when?
2. Who is the spiritual leader of the Taliban movement that operates in Afghanistan?
3. What is the Arabic word for any type of educational institution, whether secular or religious?
4. What insightful little girl informed Mortenson that the students were still traumatized by the earthquake and they wanted desks in the classroom in Part 2: Chapter 9?
5. When did the War in Afghanistan begin with the United States invasion?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)