|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in charge of foreign relief coordination after the Kashmir earthquake in Pakistan?
(a) Major General Farrukh Seir.
(b) Major General Mohammad Najibullah.
(c) Major General Wohid Khan.
(d) Major General Sarfraz Khan.
2. What is a Himalayan gorge in Gilgit-Baltistan of Pakistan, stretching from Muzaffarabad all the way to Athmuqam and beyond to Taobutt?
(a) The Pratikam Valley.
(b) The Anandatman Canyon.
(c) The Vedanta Canyon.
(d) The Neelum Valley.
3. What is the highest of civil awards and decorations given by the Government of Pakistan for the highest degree of service to the country and nation of Pakistan?
4. For how long did Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time remain on the New York Times Best Seller List?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 29 weeks.
(d) 8 months.
5. Where did Greg Mortenson earn a bachelor's degree in liberal studies and an associate's degree in nursing?
(a) The University of Minnesota.
(b) The University of Kansas.
(c) The University of Montana.
(d) The University of South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Panjdeh Incident take place?
2. What Kirghiz leader did Mortenson meet in Part 1: Chapter 6?
3. In Part 2: Chapter 9, Mortenson found himself obsessed with the activity in Pakistan until the night he realized his five year old son ___________.
4. When did Greg Mortenson attempt to climb K2, leading to events that would inspire CAI?
5. In the spring of 2005, Mortenson returned to Afghanistan to visit the newly finished school located in _________.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)