|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan end?
2. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan begin?
3. What did Greg Mortenson hire Sarfraz Khan to be for him in Part 1: Chapter 4?
(a) Remote project director.
(c) Head of construction.
(d) Transportation manager.
4. What is the largest branch of Islam?
(a) Sunni Islam.
(b) Shukran Islam.
(c) Shia Islam.
(d) Sokkar Islam.
5. What is the peak elevation of K2?
(a) 28,251 feet.
(b) 14,411 feet.
(c) 19,470 feet.
(d) 14,496 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who formed the The Central Asia Institute as an American non-profit organization along with Greg Mortenson?
2. Where did Greg Mortenson serve in the U.S. Army after high school?
3. When did Greg Mortenson begin his first trip into Afghanistan in Part 1: Chapter 3?
4. When did the Iranian Revolution take place?
5. What is the world's highest mountain?
This section contains 144 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)