|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sarfraz was diligent about Mortenson's safety and would often hire and fire what on a whim?
2. What United States President signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul?
(a) Gerald Ford.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Jimmy Carter.
(d) Richard Nixon.
3. What minister of finance told Mortenson of Afghanistan's overwhelming need for money and the lack of funds received as promised from the American government in Part 1: Chapter 3?
(a) Dr. Suraya Dalil.
(b) Farooq Wardak.
(c) Dr. Ashraf Ghani.
(d) Mohammad Mustafa Mastoor.
4. K2 is located among what mountain range?
(a) Karakoram Range.
(b) Hindu Kush Range.
(c) Toba Kakar Range.
(d) Kirthar Range.
5. In Part 1: Chapter 5, due to having just received a flood of donations, where was CAI able to agree to build a school to appease Sadhar?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the spring of 2005, Mortenson returned to Afghanistan to visit the newly finished school located in _________.
2. What young orphan who was talented at fixing cars did Mortenson want to help in Part 1: Chapter 5?
3. When did the Iranian Revolution take place?
4. What is the peak elevation of K2?
5. What is the official name used by the U.S. government for the War in Afghanistan, together with a number of smaller military actions, under the umbrella of the global "War on Terror"?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)