|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the official name used by the U.S. government for the War in Afghanistan, together with a number of smaller military actions, under the umbrella of the global "War on Terror"?
(a) Operation Phoenix.
(b) Operation Golden Eagle.
(c) Operation Enduring Freedom.
(d) Operation Griffin.
2. What minister of finance told Mortenson of Afghanistan's overwhelming need for money and the lack of funds received as promised from the American government in Part 1: Chapter 3?
(a) Mohammad Mustafa Mastoor.
(b) Dr. Ashraf Ghani.
(c) Dr. Suraya Dalil.
(d) Farooq Wardak.
3. When did the War in Afghanistan begin with the United States invasion?
4. What pass between northern Pakistan and the Wakhan Corridor in Afghanistan is extremely remote and often closed off for six months or more during the winter due to heavy snows?
(a) The Irshad Pass.
(b) The Tagao Pass.
(c) The Gereshk Pass.
(d) The Darzab Pass.
5. In 2007, what percent of the opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sarfraz Khan shot and permanently disfigured while in the military?
2. In addition to opiates, Afghanistan is also the largest producer of what drug in the world?
3. Where did Greg Mortenson serve in the U.S. Army after high school?
4. In Part 1: Chapter 6, Mortenson traveled with his bookkeeper in the Wakhan to Baharak shortly after following the publication of an article from what publication, claiming an American soldier flushed the Koran down a toilet?
5. What is the world's highest mountain?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)