|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Greg Mortenson born?
2. What does the word "taliban" mean in Arabic?
3. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
(a) The Fab Five.
(b) The Live Five.
(c) The Great Eight.
(d) The Dirty Dozen.
4. When did Greg Mortenson attempt to climb K2, leading to events that would inspire CAI?
5. Where did Greg Mortenson earn a bachelor's degree in liberal studies and an associate's degree in nursing?
(a) The University of Minnesota.
(b) The University of Kansas.
(c) The University of Montana.
(d) The University of South Dakota.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the spiritual leader of the Taliban movement that operates in Afghanistan?
2. What is a non-written ethical code and traditional lifestyle which the indigenous Pashtun people from Afghanistan and Pakistan follow?
3. Under Taliban law, girls were allowed neither to work nor to be educated after the age of what?
4. Who formed the The Central Asia Institute as an American non-profit organization along with Greg Mortenson?
5. When did the Soviet war in Afghanistan begin?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)