|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under what Soviet leader did the Soviet war in Afghanistan come to an end?
(a) Nikolai Podgorny.
(b) Mikhail Gorbachev.
(c) Vladimir Lenin.
(d) Georgy Malenkov.
2. What is the world's highest mountain?
(a) Mount Everest.
(b) Mt. Kilimanjaro.
(c) Mt. McKinley.
(d) Mt. Whitney.
3. For how long did Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time remain on the New York Times Best Seller List?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 29 weeks.
(d) 8 months.
4. Who formed the The Central Asia Institute as an American non-profit organization along with Greg Mortenson?
(a) Jean Hoerni.
(b) Hiroshi Fujikawa.
(c) Bill Gates.
(d) Helmut Reinhardt.
5. Into what village was Greg Mortenson taken and nursed back to health following his attempt at K2?
Short Answer Questions
1. When it was first established, 49% of Ariana Afghan Airlines was owned by what company?
2. Where did Mortenson spend his early childhood and adolescence?
3. What is the name of the remote mountainous section of Afghanistan where the Kirghiz people live?
4. When did the fall of the communist Mohammad Najibullah-regime take place?
5. When did the Iranian Revolution take place?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)