|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what village was Greg Mortenson taken and nursed back to health following his attempt at K2?
2. What is the world's highest mountain?
(a) Mt. McKinley.
(b) Mount Everest.
(c) Mt. Whitney.
(d) Mt. Kilimanjaro.
3. When did the fall of the communist Mohammad Najibullah-regime take place?
4. When were a series of four coordinated suicide attacks by al-Qaeda taken against the United States?
(a) October 31, 2000.
(b) September 11, 2001.
(c) July 4, 2000.
(d) December 31, 1999.
5. What name refers to an Afghan freedom fighter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of missionaries were Greg Mortenson's parents?
2. What river is formed by the junction of the Vakhsh and Panj rivers?
3. Where was Sarfraz Khan shot and permanently disfigured while in the military?
4. What Bantu language did Greg Mortenson learn fluently as a child?
5. Greg Mortenson's unique team of local employees was referred to as______________,
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)