|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the world's highest mountain?
(a) Mount Everest.
(b) Mt. Kilimanjaro.
(c) Mt. Whitney.
(d) Mt. McKinley.
2. What refers to an enveloping outer garment worn by women in some Islamic traditions to cover their bodies in public places?
3. The Democratic Republic of Afghanistan was formed after the Saur Revolution which took place in what year?
4. What is a non-written ethical code and traditional lifestyle which the indigenous Pashtun people from Afghanistan and Pakistan follow?
5. Sarfraz was diligent about Mortenson's safety and would often hire and fire what on a whim?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many casualties were there from the Kashmir earthquake?
2. Ariana Afghan Airlines was established when?
3. When did Greg Mortenson begin his first trip into Afghanistan in Part 1: Chapter 3?
4. In the end of Part 2: Chapter 8, Mortenson was going crazy sitting at home in Montana, so his wife told him to pack a bag and go to Pakistan despite the fact he would not be able to return home for which holiday?
5. Azad Kashmir has an estimated population of how many?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)