|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stoner come down with in Chapter XIV?
(b) Severe flu.
2. Which of the following ways does Stoner's personality not change in Chapter XIV?
(a) Becomes nicer.
(b) Becomes ruder.
(c) Becomes sharper.
(d) More direct with colleagues.
3. Where does Stoner project himself to when he has his first out-of-body experience?
(b) The universe.
(c) In the sky.
(d) To a dark place.
4. Where do Stoner and Katherine go for their only trip away together?
(a) New York.
(d) The Ozarks.
5. Whose schedule is made so that Stoner never sees them in Chapter XI?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stoner find unfavorable at work after Lomax takes over the English department?
2. What does Stoner's student who audits his seminar present her final presentation on in Chapter IX?
3. What is the name of the graduate student Stoner meets with at the beginning of Chapter IX?
4. How is the weather outside described when Stoner has his first out-of-body experience?
5. What does Stoner refuse to let anyone do during his questioning of Walker in his oral examination?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William's teaching schedule change after Lomax is appointed chair of the English department?
2. How does Lomax aid Charles Walker during his oral examinations?
3. Why does William's relationship with Katherine end?
4. How is William and Katherine's week away in the Ozarks described?
5. How does William's relationship with Edith change after he begins having an affair with Katherine?
6. How is William able to get his preferred class schedule back from Lomax in Chapter XIV?
7. How does Lomax react after William refuses to pass Charles Walker?
8. How does Charles Walker react when William threatens to fail him from his seminar?
9. How does Edith cause Grace to not be able to spend time with William as a child?
10. How does William react when Finch suggests he pass Walker because he could lose his job?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)