|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edith begin remodeling Stoner's basement study as after her father's death?
(a) An art studio.
(b) A photography studio.
(c) A new living room.
(d) A new kitchen.
2. What word does the person helping Walker with his oral examination use when interrupting?
(c) Talking point.
3. What is Stoner certain of regarding Katherine when he realizes he has feelings for her?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She isn't interested in him.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is too young.
4. Who cautions Stoner about his affair with Katherine because he could lose his job?
5. What does Stoner refuse to let anyone do during his questioning of Walker in his oral examination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stoner learn will be the new head of the English department from Finch?
2. Who tells Stoner that he should be the one insulted by Charles Walker's presentation in Chapter IX?
3. Who does the person who questions Stoner about his conduct against Walker agree with after hearing his argument?
4. What does Stoner make with his seminar class when he starts it in Chapter IX?
5. How does Stoner find Katherine when he goes to visit her after hearing she was sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does William begin questioning the value of his life in Chapter XI?
2. How does William's relationship with Edith change after he begins having an affair with Katherine?
3. Why does William's relationship with Katherine end?
4. How does Edith cause Grace to not be able to spend time with William as a child?
5. How is William and Katherine's week away in the Ozarks described?
6. How is William's first out-of-body experience described in the book?
7. How does Finch try and help William not lose his job over his affair with Katherine?
8. How is the set-up of Charles Walker's oral examinations described?
9. How does Charles Walker arrive to his first class with William?
10. How does William's teaching schedule change after Lomax is appointed chair of the English department?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)