|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to ease Stoner's anxiety when he is getting married?
(a) Gordon Finch.
(b) David Masters.
(c) Archer Sloane.
(d) Katherine Driscoll.
2. What is the name of the college the protagonist attended?
(a) University of Missouri.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) University of Mississippi.
3. How are the protagonist's parents' reaction to his desire to get a PhD described?
4. How does Stoner feel after being offered a professor job at the university?
5. Where does Edith take Grace for a week for the first time alone with her?
(a) The beach.
(c) Her parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stoner do with his doctoral thesis when it is finished?
2. Who begins taking care of Edith when she has her first breakdown during their marriage?
3. What does Edith inform Stoner she wants that surprises him in Chapter V?
4. How does Edith act around Stoner when others are present?
5. Who does the author say was only interested in seeking adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are William's meetings with Finch and Masters first described in the book?
2. How do William and Edith buy their first house?
3. How is William and Lomax's conversation described at William's housewarming party?
4. How is William and Edith's first time making love described?
5. How is William and Edith's first night together as a married couple described?
6. How is William's study of English described over the three years he studies at the University of Missouri?
7. How does William react after being offered a teaching job at the University of Missouri?
8. How does William learn about the new agriculture program at the University of Missouri?
9. How is William's first meeting with Edith described in the book?
10. How does Sloane react when William suggests enlisting in WWI?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)