|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edith do just after her and Stoner are married?
(c) Locks herself in a bathroom.
2. Where do Edith and Stoner go on their honeymoon?
(b) New York.
(c) St. Louis.
3. Whose house does Stoner initially meet Edith at?
(a) Her sister's.
(b) Her uncle's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) Her parent's.
4. Who offers Stoner a job at the university as a professor?
(a) Katherine Driscoll.
(b) Archer Sloane.
(c) Ed Frye.
(d) Edith Bostwick.
5. What does Stoner believe Edith comes home to do at the end of Chapter VII?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Make war.
(d) Have more children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stoner surprised to see come to his housewarming party?
2. What does Edith's father give them money for in Chapter VI?
3. What does news of never penetrate Stoner as it does other students when he is in college?
4. Who temporarily fills the director of the English department after Sloane's death?
5. Where does Stoner sleep on his first night with Edith after they're married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are William's meetings with Finch and Masters first described in the book?
2. How is William and Edith's first night together as a married couple described?
3. Why does Edith's father commit suicide?
4. How do Edith's actions towards William change when she decides she wants a baby?
5. How is Sloane's funeral described?
6. How is William's marriage proposal to Edith described?
7. How is William described just before his wedding to Edith?
8. How do William's parents react when he tells them his plans to obtain a PhD in English?
9. How does William react after being offered a teaching job at the University of Missouri?
10. How is William and Edith's first time making love described?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)