|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stoner make with his seminar class when he starts it in Chapter IX?
(a) A dominant appearance.
(b) A bad impression.
(c) A connection.
(d) A sloppy appearance.
2. How does Lomax say that Stoner has treated Walker after he refuses to pass him?
(d) Prejudicial and unfair.
3. What is the name of the head of the freshman English department that complains to Lomax about Stoner?
4. Who does Edith begin using against Stoner after her father's death?
5. What does Stoner come down with in Chapter XIV?
(a) Severe flu.
6. What word does the person helping Walker with his oral examination use when interrupting?
(b) Talking point.
7. How long is Stoner and Katherine's only trip away together?
(a) A month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) A week.
(d) 3 days.
8. What year does Stoner note the Nazis engaging in the Spanish Civil War in the book?
9. How late is Stoner for his appointment with Katherine to discuss her paper?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) An hour.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
10. How is the weather outside described when Stoner has his first out-of-body experience?
11. Who cautions Stoner about his affair with Katherine because he could lose his job?
12. Who arrives late for Stoner's seminar in Chapter IX?
(a) Katherine Driscoll.
(b) Hollis Lomax.
(c) Ed Frye.
(d) Charles Walker.
13. How does Stoner describe his relationship with Edith after beginning an affair with Katherine?
(a) Much worse.
(c) More abusive.
14. Who does Lomax threaten to fire after finding out about Stoner's affair?
(b) Both Katherine and Stoner.
(c) No one.
15. What kind of seminar does Stoner allow a student to take in Chapter IX?
(a) Renaissance literature.
(c) The Sonnet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stoner begin spending his time after Edith remodels his study?
2. What kind of reaction does Katherine give Stoner after giving her presentation in his class?
3. Who questions Stoner about his conduct against Walker in Chapter X?
4. How does Stoner initially react to Walker's oral examination?
5. What subject does Stoner begin teaching radically and causing complaints from students?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)