|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many seminars are students required to take to finish a doctorate at Stoner's university?
2. How does Lomax respond to Stoner's threats of teaching his classes wrong in Chapter XIV?
(a) Continues giving him poor classes.
(b) Fires him.
(c) Gives him his schedule back.
(d) Moves his office.
3. How is Stoner and Katherine's affair described at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
4. What is Stoner doing when Katherine comes to visit him in Chapter XII?
(a) Grading papers.
(b) Meeting with a student.
5. Who does the person who questions Stoner about his conduct against Walker agree with after hearing his argument?
(a) Charles Walker.
(b) The dean.
(d) Hollis Lomax.
6. How does Stoner describe his relationship with Edith after beginning an affair with Katherine?
(b) More abusive.
(d) Much worse.
7. What does Edith begin remodeling Stoner's basement study as after her father's death?
(a) A new kitchen.
(b) A new living room.
(c) An art studio.
(d) A photography studio.
8. What does Walker's committee decide about his fate after his oral examination?
(a) To wait a few days to make a decision.
(b) To decide right away.
(c) To dismiss Charles Walker.
(d) To throw out the case.
9. What does Stoner come down with in Chapter XIV?
(a) Severe flu.
10. What does Katherine wish for Stoner to do for her when she visits him in Chapter XII?
(a) Read her dissertation.
(b) Date her.
(c) Hire her as an assistant.
(d) Help her with a paper.
11. How does Lomax react when Stoner refuses to pass Walker?
(c) Slightly upset.
12. Who questions Stoner about his conduct against Walker in Chapter X?
(a) Archer Sloane.
(b) Hollis Lomax.
(c) Gordon Finch.
(d) Ed Frye.
13. Who tries to convince Lomax to give Stoner his good class schedule back in Chapter XIV?
14. How does Stoner begin looking at the value of his life in Chapter XI?
(c) In an abstract way.
15. How many minutes are professors allowed to question Walker during his oral examination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stoner learn will be the new head of the English department from Finch?
2. How does Stoner feel his presence is to Katherine that makes him stop seeing her in Chapter XII?
3. Who helps Walker throughout his oral examination?
4. What is Stoner certain of regarding Katherine when he realizes he has feelings for her?
5. What kind of seminar does Stoner allow a student to take in Chapter IX?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)