|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begins questioning Walker during his oral examination that dashes Stoner's hopes for him?
2. What subject does Stoner begin teaching radically and causing complaints from students?
(a) History of the World.
(b) General English.
(c) Modern Renaissance.
(d) The Sonnet.
3. What does Stoner find unfavorable at work after Lomax takes over the English department?
(a) He loses his office.
(b) He has less seminars.
(c) His teaching schedule.
(d) He only has one class.
4. How does Lomax say that Stoner has treated Walker after he refuses to pass him?
(b) Prejudicial and unfair.
5. What is Stoner certain of regarding Katherine when he realizes he has feelings for her?
(a) She is too old.
(b) She is too young.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She isn't interested in him.
6. What kind of seminar does Stoner allow a student to take in Chapter IX?
(a) Renaissance literature.
(b) The Sonnet.
7. Who does the person who questions Stoner about his conduct against Walker agree with after hearing his argument?
(a) The dean.
(c) Charles Walker.
(d) Hollis Lomax.
8. How does Stoner note his efforts to fail Walker ended in Chapter XI?
(a) They were dismissed.
(b) They were somewhat successful.
(c) The were successful.
(d) They failed.
9. Who attacks Katherine's presentation in Stoner's seminar?
(a) Ed Frye.
(b) Hollis Lomax.
(c) Charles Walker.
(d) William Stoner.
10. Who tells Stoner that he should be the one insulted by Charles Walker's presentation in Chapter IX?
11. Where does Stoner project himself to when he has his first out-of-body experience?
(a) The universe.
(b) In the sky.
(c) To a dark place.
12. Who does Edith begin using against Stoner after her father's death?
13. How does Edith buy new clothes after her father's death?
(a) Money left in the will.
(b) She steals them.
(c) She gets a job.
(d) Money from her mother.
14. What kind of company does Edith become involved in after her father's death?
(a) Law office.
15. Who tries to convince Lomax to give Stoner his good class schedule back in Chapter XIV?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stoner begin spending his time after Edith remodels his study?
2. How does Lomax react when Stoner refuses to pass Walker?
3. What two poles did university students lean to in regards to the feud between Lomax and Stoner?
4. What does Stoner's student who audits his seminar present her final presentation on in Chapter IX?
5. Who aided Lomax in engineering university policies to help Walker?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)