|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of company does Edith become involved in after her father's death?
(d) Law office.
2. Where does Stoner project himself to when he has his first out-of-body experience?
(b) The universe.
(c) In the sky.
(d) To a dark place.
3. How does Edith buy new clothes after her father's death?
(a) Money from her mother.
(b) She steals them.
(c) She gets a job.
(d) Money left in the will.
4. Who does Lomax threaten to fire after finding out about Stoner's affair?
(b) Both Katherine and Stoner.
(c) No one.
5. Who arrives late for Stoner's seminar in Chapter IX?
(a) Hollis Lomax.
(b) Charles Walker.
(c) Ed Frye.
(d) Katherine Driscoll.
6. What do Stoner and Katherine begin at the end of Chapter XII?
(a) A love affair.
(b) A friendship.
(c) A working relationship.
(d) A bitter rivalry.
7. What is the name of the young woman who audits Stoner's seminar?
8. Who cautions Stoner about his affair with Katherine because he could lose his job?
9. Whose schedule is made so that Stoner never sees them in Chapter XI?
10. What does Stoner say when Finch asks him if he wants to be the new director of the English department?
(a) He asks for time to think.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He accepts.
(d) He doesn't want the job.
11. What does Stoner say opposed him and Katherine being together and that they were proving wrong?
(b) Love rules.
(c) Conventional wisdom.
(d) Sanctity of marriage.
12. Who aided Lomax in engineering university policies to help Walker?
(a) The president of the university.
(b) The dean.
(c) The chancellor.
(d) Gordon Finch.
13. What does Lomax claim was the reason that Stoner was prejudiced against Walker?
(a) Because he was dumb.
(b) Because he was a man.
(c) Because he was white.
(d) Because of his disability.
14. How does Lomax say that Stoner has treated Walker after he refuses to pass him?
(a) Prejudicial and unfair.
15. Who is not present at Walker's oral examination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ways does Stoner's personality not change in Chapter XIV?
2. How does Stoner find Katherine when he goes to visit her after hearing she was sick?
3. How does Stoner describe his classes after Lomax takes over the English department?
4. What does Stoner realize with shock after he begins having out-of-body experiences regularly?
5. How does Stoner feel his presence is to Katherine that makes him stop seeing her in Chapter XII?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)