|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the family the protagonist stays with when he first goes to college?
(a) The Footes.
(b) The Wilsons.
(c) The Williams.
(d) The Smiths.
2. Who dies at the beginning of Chapter VII?
(a) Stoner's father.
(b) Ed Frye.
(c) Stoner's mother.
(d) Gordon Finch.
3. How are the protagonist's attempts at telling his parents he is getting a PhD described?
4. What is Edith too tired for on her and Stoner's wedding night?
5. What does Stoner begin remodeling in his new home?
(a) His bathroom.
(b) His basement study.
(c) The backyard.
(d) The kitchen.
6. How long does Edith stay in bed after having a baby?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) Nearly a year.
(d) 6 months.
7. What is the name of the book's author?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) C.S. Lewis.
(c) Dan Brown.
(d) John Williams.
8. What does Edith do just after her and Stoner are married?
(c) Locks herself in a bathroom.
9. How are the protagonist's grades described when he first starts college?
10. Who does the author say was only interested in seeking adventure?
(a) Gordon Finch.
(b) David Masters.
(c) Charles Walker.
(d) Ed Frye.
11. How does Edith's father die in the book?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A car wreck.
12. How are the protagonist's parents' reaction to his desire to get a PhD described?
13. What does Stoner insist Edith do after they are married that seems to open her up?
(a) Cook for neighbors.
(b) Build a home.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Entertain guests.
14. How does the Great Depression initially impact Columbus?
(a) It is unaffected.
(b) It is devastated.
(c) Slightly sets them back.
(d) Very badly.
15. Who does the protagonist not tell about his decision to change his course of study in college?
(a) His friends.
(b) His parents.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stoner sleep on his first night with Edith after they're married?
2. Who tries to ease Stoner's anxiety when he is getting married?
3. How long do Edith and Stoner have to try for a child?
4. How does Edith lie in bed waiting for Stoner for hours in Chapter V?
5. Where do Edith and Stoner go on their honeymoon?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)