|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIII and XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is the protagonist from?
2. Who cautions Stoner about his affair with Katherine because he could lose his job?
3. Who attacks Katherine's presentation in Stoner's seminar?
(a) Charles Walker.
(b) Ed Frye.
(c) William Stoner.
(d) Hollis Lomax.
4. How are the protagonist's grades described when he first starts college?
5. Who offers Stoner a job at the university as a professor?
(a) Ed Frye.
(b) Archer Sloane.
(c) Katherine Driscoll.
(d) Edith Bostwick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the protagonist not tell about his decision to change his course of study in college?
2. What is the name of Stoner's friend who is impressively intelligent and cynical?
3. What is Stoner doing when Katherine comes to visit him in Chapter XII?
4. How does Edith act around Stoner when others are present?
5. Who temporarily fills the director of the English department after Sloane's death?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)