|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XIII and XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lomax say that Stoner has treated Walker after he refuses to pass him?
(a) Prejudicial and unfair.
2. How does Edith lie in bed waiting for Stoner for hours in Chapter V?
(b) Heavily clothes.
(c) Clenched in a ball.
3. How many days is Edith in labor?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
4. Who does Lomax threaten to fire after finding out about Stoner's affair?
(c) Both Katherine and Stoner.
(d) No one.
5. What does Stoner say when Finch asks him if he wants to be the new director of the English department?
(a) He asks for time to think.
(b) He accepts.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He doesn't want the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is described as a cripple in the book?
2. Where do Stoner and Katherine go for their only trip away together?
3. What does the protagonist's first English teacher expose about him in class?
4. How does Stoner initially react to Walker's oral examination?
5. What does Edith do just after arriving at her and Stoner's new apartment?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)