|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edith travel to after her father's death?
(a) New York.
(b) St. Louis.
2. How does Edith's father die in the book?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) A car wreck.
(d) He is shot.
3. Where do Stoner and his two college friends have their weekly meetings?
(a) In a park.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A local pub.
(d) The library.
4. Who begins taking care of Edith when she has her first breakdown during their marriage?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
5. How does Edith lie in bed waiting for Stoner for hours in Chapter V?
(b) Clenched in a ball.
(d) Heavily clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edith do after her and Stoner make love the first time?
2. Who is Stoner surprised to see come to his housewarming party?
3. Who does the protagonist not tell about his decision to change his course of study in college?
4. How are the protagonist's parents' reaction to his desire to get a PhD described?
5. What does Edith do just after arriving at her and Stoner's new apartment?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)