|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stoner sleep on his first night with Edith after they're married?
(a) In the guest room.
(b) The couch.
(c) On the floor.
(d) In the bed with Edith.
2. Who temporarily fills the director of the English department after Sloane's death?
(a) Ed Frye.
(b) William Stoner.
(c) Gordon Finch.
(d) Hollis Lomax.
3. Who does the protagonist not tell about his decision to change his course of study in college?
(a) His parents.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His friends.
4. How much money does Edith bring home from her father in Chapter VI?
5. What does Edith do after her and Stoner make love the first time?
(c) Falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reacts in a fit of rage when Stoner says he may enlist in the war?
2. Who encourages the protagonist to get his PhD?
3. What is Edith too tired for on her and Stoner's wedding night?
4. How are the protagonist's parents' reaction to his desire to get a PhD described?
5. How old is the protagonist when he decides to go to college?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)