|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VI and VII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the protagonist of the book?
(a) Ed Frye.
(b) William Stoner.
(c) Hollis Lomax.
(d) Gordon Finch.
2. Who begins taking care of Edith when she has her first breakdown during their marriage?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her aunt.
3. What does the protagonist's first English teacher expose about him in class?
(a) His awkwardness.
(b) His insanity.
(c) His ignorance.
(d) His intelligence.
4. What is the name of the ship that sinks and causes America to join the war?
(a) The Constantinople.
(b) The Lusitania.
(c) The Columbiana.
(d) The Titanic.
5. Who does the protagonist not tell about his decision to change his course of study in college?
(a) His brother.
(b) His friends.
(c) His parents.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edith lie in bed waiting for Stoner for hours in Chapter V?
2. What is the name of the child Edith has?
3. Where do Edith and Stoner go on their honeymoon?
4. What subject does the protagonist teach in college?
5. What is Edith too tired for on her and Stoner's wedding night?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)