|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stoner feel after being offered a professor job at the university?
2. How does Edith's mood change after their wedding on their way to their hotel?
(a) She won't stop crying.
(b) She becomes silent.
(c) It lightens.
(d) It worsens.
3. What does Stoner become fixated on during the war when he is an undergraduate?
(a) The military.
(d) His studies.
4. How does Edith tell Stoner she will answer his marriage proposal?
(a) Over the phone.
(b) In a letter.
(c) In person.
(d) Through a friend.
5. What is the name of the protagonist's first English teacher?
(a) Hollis Lomax.
(b) David Masters.
(c) Gordon Finch.
(d) Archer Sloane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edith do after her and Stoner make love the first time?
2. Where did Edith cancel plans for in order to marry Stoner?
3. What does the protagonist's first English teacher expose about him in class?
4. Where do Edith and Stoner go on their honeymoon?
5. What can the protagonist's parents not do about his decision to get a PhD?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)