|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IV and V.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship that sinks and causes America to join the war?
(a) The Titanic.
(b) The Columbiana.
(c) The Constantinople.
(d) The Lusitania.
2. Who reacts in a fit of rage when Stoner says he may enlist in the war?
(a) David Masters.
(b) Ed Frye.
(c) Hollis Lomax.
(d) Archer Sloane.
3. Who offers Stoner a job at the university as a professor?
(a) Archer Sloane.
(b) Edith Bostwick.
(c) Katherine Driscoll.
(d) Ed Frye.
4. What is the name of the book's author?
(a) John Williams.
(b) Dan Brown.
(c) C.S. Lewis.
(d) Charles Dickens.
5. What is the name of the family the protagonist stays with when he first goes to college?
(a) The Footes.
(b) The Wilsons.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edith do just after her and Stoner are married?
2. Who views the University as a center for knowledge and enlightenment?
3. What does the protagonist do during his summers in college?
4. What does Edith do just after arriving at her and Stoner's new apartment?
5. What does Stoner become immersed in a passion for as a college student?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)