|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the results of Hagar's stomach x-rays?
(a) She has an ulcer.
(b) No one tells Hagar the x-ray report.
(c) She has stomach cancer.
(d) She has a cast iron stomach.
2. What does Bram tell Hagar when she says she is leaving and taking John?
(a) To take some hard-boiled eggs with her.
(b) That he loves her dearly.
(c) That he wasn't surprised.
(d) To not let the door hit her on the way out.
3. What was Hagar allowed to take from her father's house after he died?
(a) All of the china and silver.
(c) Oaken armchair and rugs.
(d) Curtains and rugs.
4. Since Marvin manages her money, what money does Hagar plan to use to get to Shadow Point, ?
(a) She plans to get a job.
(b) She plans to take money from Doris' purse.
(c) She plans to use her pension check.
(d) She plans to sell more limoge china.
5. How did Jason Currie discipline his sons?
(a) With switches.
(b) With a belt.
(c) With trips to the library.
(d) With harsh words.
6. Who did Jason Currie remarry after Hagar's mother died?
(a) Arlene Dreiser.
(b) Lottie Dreiser.
(c) He didn't remarry.
(d) Aunt Doll.
7. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
(a) Stained glass windows.
(b) A chair.
(c) Silver candlesticks.
(d) A stone angel.
8. How much money did Hagar get from her father?
(a) No money, but she got the store.
9. At her visit to Silverthreads, Hagar is seated on the veranda for a cup of tea. What does she think the tea tastes like?
(b) Wild flowers in spring.
10. What improvements did Bram make on the Shipley place?
(a) An indoor pump.
(c) Wired the entire place for electricity.
(d) Fixed the leaky roof.
11. What did Hagar see when she lifted the sultana barrel lid at her father's store?
12. Who does John's manhood remind Hagar of?
(a) Charlie Bean.
(b) Jason Currie.
13. Who does John tell Hagar she will be like, when she leaves Bram to go find work as a housekeeper?
(a) Arlene Simmons.
(b) Auntie Doll.
(c) Mrs. Steiner.
(d) Mavis Currie.
14. How does Hagar get to the hospital to deliver her second son, John?
(a) Marvin drives her to the hospital.
(b) Bram drives her down the Main Street of town.
(c) She drives herself.
(d) She delivers him at home.
15. What do Marvin and Doris do when they want to go out to the movies?
(a) They tell Hagar to be good and leave.
(b) They arrange for a sitter for Hagar.
(c) They take Hagar with them.
(d) They tie Hagar to the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hagar feel about horses?
2. On the train ride out of town, what does John confess happened to the plaid-pin of the Curries?
3. What did the young people do in the Manawaka winters?
4. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
5. What does the stone angel remind Hagar of?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)