|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were Hagar's brothers?
(a) Marvin and Dan.
(b) Matt and Dan.
(c) John and Telford.
(d) Matt and Marvin.
2. On the train ride out of town, what does John confess happened to the plaid-pin of the Curries?
(a) He traded it to Lazarus Tonnerre for a jackknife.
(b) He gave it to Marvin.
(c) He dropped it in the well.
(d) He lost it.
3. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
(a) Silver candlesticks.
(b) A stone angel.
(c) Stained glass windows.
(d) A chair.
4. What kind of wedding did Hagar and Bram Shipley have?
(a) A big fancy gathering at the Currie house.
(b) A big church wedding.
(c) A small outdoor wedding at the Currie house.
(d) There was nothing elaborate about her wedding.
5. Who does John's manhood remind Hagar of?
(c) Jason Currie.
(d) Charlie Bean.
6. What is the Currie family war cry?
(a) All for one and one for all!
(b) "Gainsay Who Dare!"
(c) Last one in is a rotten egg!
(d) God is love!
7. How did Jason Currie discipline his sons?
(a) With a belt.
(b) With harsh words.
(c) With switches.
(d) With trips to the library.
8. How does Hagar feel about going to Silverthreads Nursing Home?
(a) She wants to take time to think about it.
(b) She doesn't want to go.
(c) She thinks the idea is premature.
(d) She is excited to go and be with people her own age.
9. How does Hagar say good-bye to her brother, Matt, when she leaves for boarding school?
(a) With her nose in the air and a brush of her shoulder.
(b) With a very cold good-bye, however she does cry after boarding the train.
(c) With a warm hug and bitter tears.
(d) With a handshake and a wave from the train.
10. What is the stone angel?
(a) The Currie family moto.
(b) Yard statue standing in Hagar's front yard.
(c) Small figurine Hagar keeps in her pocket.
(d) A cemetery monument that used to stand over the Hagar's mother's grave.
11. What does Hagar's father value?
(d) Hard work.
12. In Chapter 4, why is Hagar at the doctor's office?
(a) For back pain.
(b) For a lollipop.
(c) For a cancer screening.
(d) For stomach x-rays.
13. What did Hagar fill the glass and silver wine decanter with?
(a) Chokecherry wine.
14. What are the results of Hagar's stomach x-rays?
(a) She has stomach cancer.
(b) She has a cast iron stomach.
(c) No one tells Hagar the x-ray report.
(d) She has an ulcer.
15. What does Bram tell Hagar when she says she is leaving and taking John?
(a) To not let the door hit her on the way out.
(b) To take some hard-boiled eggs with her.
(c) That he wasn't surprised.
(d) That he loves her dearly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bram receive a warning from a Mountie?
2. What caused Hagar to never attend church again?
3. With Marvin off to the war, who goes with Hagar to deliver eggs?
4. Who is Doris' minister?
5. How does Hagar respond when Mrs. Steiner says she hope to see Hagar again?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)