|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hagar feel about horses?
(a) She didn't like paintings of them, nor real ones.
(b) She liked paintings of them, but not real ones.
(c) She liked paintings of them, and real ones.
(d) She thought them tasty for a Sunday brunch.
2. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
(a) All day every day.
(b) When he needed drinking money.
(c) Never, he was lazy.
(d) During harvest and threshing.
3. After John's death, Hagar packs up and moves back to be Mr. Oatley's housekeeper. He dies a year later. How much money does he leave her?
4. What reduces all people in the Manawaka community to the same desperate level?
(a) The new king.
(b) There is a drought.
(c) A polio outbreak.
(d) The stock market crash.
5. In the privacy of her own bedroom, why didn't Hagar cry for her dead son?
(a) She was already all cried out from losing Bram.
(b) She had held back the tears too long and couldn't cry.
(c) She really didn't care that much for John.
(d) She didn't have any tissue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's plan for Arlene, so she doesn't leave?
2. When Hagar returns to present time, she is startled by two things she is doing, what are they?
3. Hagar wants to ask Marvin about his war experiences, too soothe him by listening, but doesn't. Why not?
4. What did Bram do after the harvest was over?
5. Upon her arrival at Jess' house, with the box labeled "Clara Shipley", who does Hagar find talking to Jess?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)