|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marvin mean when he comments of being pulled between "two fires?"
(a) His mother and father disagree on everything.
(b) Doris wants Hagar to go to the nursing home, but Hagar doesn't want to go.
(c) He has two fire places in the house and can't decide which one to sit at.
(d) Hagar wants to go to the nursing home, but Doris doesn't want her to go.
2. How much money did Hagar get from her father?
(a) No money, but she got the store.
3. What does Hagar's father value?
(d) Hard work.
4. What did Hagar fill the glass and silver wine decanter with?
(a) Chokecherry wine.
5. How does Hagar refer to the house when her, Marvin, and Doris leave Silverthreads?
(a) As Marvin and Doris' house.
(b) As John's house.
(c) As her house and no one elses.
(d) As her, Marvin, and Doris' house equally.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hagar feel, physically, as she climbs the steps to the small night watchman's house at the cannery?
2. When it is clear that Bram is dying, Marvin comes to visit him. Hagar overhears Marvin tell Bram something that she wishes she could also say to Bram. What is it?
3. What does Hagar notice about the little girl and boy playing house?
4. How is the Shipley house described?
5. On the way to the hospital to deliver Marvin, Doris is scared, but doesn't admit it. What is she scared of?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)