|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hagar know her father is pleased with her?
(a) When he gives her money.
(b) When he claps for her.
(c) When he smiles at her.
(d) When he calls her daughter.
2. What did Hagar tell her employer, Mr. Oatley, about her husband?
(a) He was lazy and common as dirt.
(b) He was over seas at war.
(c) She had never been married.
(d) He died.
3. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
(a) During harvest and threshing.
(b) When he needed drinking money.
(c) Never, he was lazy.
(d) All day every day.
4. What two virtues does Hagar cite to John?
(a) Hard work and self-motivation.
(b) Drinking and smoking.
(c) Patience and honesty.
(d) Kindness and modesty.
5. What does Hagar want to do when she returns from boarding school?
(a) Become a fire inspector.
(b) Become a minister.
(c) Become a wife and mother.
(d) Become a school teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arlene Simmons bring John home one night?
2. How much time past before Jason Currie visited his first grandson?
3. How did Jason Currie discipline his sons?
4. Why did Bram receive a warning from a Mountie?
5. What do Hagar and Murray Lees share during their time together?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)