|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hagar's father value?
(a) Hard work.
2. How much time past before Jason Currie visited his first grandson?
(a) Two days.
(b) He never did.
(c) Five years.
(d) One week.
3. What does Hagar fear about the nursing home?
(a) Once she is there, she will not be able to leave.
(b) She will be forgotten.
(c) They won't have her favorite cable channel.
(d) The food will kill her.
4. What does Hagar think about her son Marvin and his wife Doris?
(a) Doris is stingy and Marvin is lazy.
(b) Doris is stupid and Marvin is stupid.
(c) Doris is greedy and Marvin is not ambitious.
(d) Doris is smart and Marvin is smarter.
5. What improvements did Bram make on the Shipley place?
(a) Fixed the leaky roof.
(c) An indoor pump.
(d) Wired the entire place for electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When a sea gull enters her room, what old Proverb does Hagar remember?
2. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
3. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
4. Hagar returns to Manawaka when Bram becomes very sick. Upon seeing Hagar for the first time in years, Bram doesn't recognize Hagar at first. Later, who does he tell her she reminds him of?
5. How does Hagar refer to the house when her, Marvin, and Doris leave Silverthreads?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)