|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Currie family war cry?
(a) God is love!
(b) All for one and one for all!
(c) "Gainsay Who Dare!"
(d) Last one in is a rotten egg!
2. How did Hagar feel about John at his birth?
(b) Strange and uncertain.
(c) Full of pride and joy.
(d) She felt an instant connection.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 5, how does Doris try to sooth Hagar?
(a) By making her some tea.
(b) By asking her if she wants a sleeping pill.
(c) By giving her wine.
(d) By handing her a teddy bear.
4. What happened when Hagar would dance hard at parties?
(a) Beads of sweat would drip from her forehead.
(b) Boys would try to touch her hair when it fell down.
(c) She would get sick and have to stay in bed for days.
(d) A conga line would start up.
5. How much older is Bram Shipley than Hagar?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 14 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) He is really younger than her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John tell Hagar his best friends are when they have moved to Mr. Oatley's home?
2. In Chapter 4, why is Hagar at the doctor's office?
3. What is John's plan for Arlene, so she doesn't leave?
4. How does John tell his mother he is distilling his own liquor?
5. Who wakes up Hagar one night to tell her something has happened to John?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)