|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Hagar would dance hard at parties?
(a) She would get sick and have to stay in bed for days.
(b) Boys would try to touch her hair when it fell down.
(c) A conga line would start up.
(d) Beads of sweat would drip from her forehead.
2. What kind of house did the Currie's own?
(a) Large house, two floors and a basement.
(b) Small house without plumbing or electricity.
(c) Small house with indoor plumbing.
(d) Large house, the second brick house in the town.
3. After Bram dies, how did Hagar soothe herself during this time in Manawaka?
(a) Drinking John's potato liquor.
(b) Walking in the cemetery.
(c) Completely cleaning the Shipley house, even the attic.
(d) Visiting friends.
4. Why did John continue to lose jobs?
(a) He was lazy, like his father.
(b) He stole merchandise.
(c) Some jobs were laying off people, others were temporary.
(d) Companies were going out of business.
5. Hagar returns to Manawaka when Bram becomes very sick. Upon seeing Hagar for the first time in years, Bram doesn't recognize Hagar at first. Later, who does he tell her she reminds him of?
(c) His first fat wife, Clara.
(d) His daughters, Jess and Gladys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since Marvin manages her money, what money does Hagar plan to use to get to Shadow Point, ?
2. On the bus ride home from Dr. Corby's office Hagar cries when a young lady offers her seat to her. What is Hagar still unable to cry for?
3. In Chapter 4, why is Hagar at the doctor's office?
4. How does Hagar refer to the house when her, Marvin, and Doris leave Silverthreads?
5. What kind of pictures hung on the walls at the Shipley house before Hagar moved in?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)