|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hagar tell Mr. Oatley about why she needed a few more weeks in Manawaka?
(a) Her brother died.
(b) The farm needed tending to.
(c) Her son died.
(d) She really liked it there.
2. What happens when Hagar offers some food to the children?
(a) They run home.
(b) They politely say no thank you.
(c) They eat everything she has left.
(d) They eat the cheese and chocolate.
3. What happened when Hagar didn't have enough money to send John to college?
(a) He applied for a loan.
(b) Mr. Oatley got him a job in an office.
(c) He worked part-time and put himself through college.
(d) He started drinking and running around with fast women.
4. What does Hagar find out when she calls Mrs. Conner, the doctor's wife, to introduce herself?
(a) The Conners don't have a son.
(b) The Conners have a daughter, who looks like a boy.
(c) The Conners are getting a divorce and moving away.
(d) The Conner's son is adopted.
5. What happened when Hagar would dance hard at parties?
(a) She would get sick and have to stay in bed for days.
(b) Beads of sweat would drip from her forehead.
(c) A conga line would start up.
(d) Boys would try to touch her hair when it fell down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hagar comment on Bram Shipley's dancing?
2. What does Hagar's picture of Bram look like.
3. What was the name of the horse Bram bought in Chapter 3?
4. What is the name of the lady that visits with Hagar at Silverthreads nursing home?
5. How did Hagar feel about horses?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)