|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hagar refer to the house when her, Marvin, and Doris leave Silverthreads?
(a) As her, Marvin, and Doris' house equally.
(b) As her house and no one elses.
(c) As Marvin and Doris' house.
(d) As John's house.
2. What kind of pictures hung on the walls at the Shipley house before Hagar moved in?
(a) Pictures of horses.
(c) Pictures of little brown jugs.
(d) Pictures of wild flowers.
3. How does Hagar feel, physically, as she climbs the steps to the small night watchman's house at the cannery?
(a) She has a slight headache.
(b) She is in pain.
(c) Her feet are tired from walking.
(d) She is fit as a fiddle.
4. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
(a) Stained glass windows.
(b) Silver candlesticks.
(c) A stone angel.
(d) A chair.
5. Who was Hagar's father?
(a) Jason Currie, a Scottish merchant who ran the town's store.
(b) Jason Shipley, a farmer.
(c) Matt Currie, a financial advisor.
(d) Jason Currie, an Irish merchant who ran the town's store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the results of Hagar's stomach x-rays?
2. What did Bram do after the harvest was over?
3. What is the name of the children's verse that implies if Hagar had the wings of an angel or a crow, she could fly up high and spit on the people below?
4. What did Hagar see when she lifted the sultana barrel lid at her father's store?
5. What did Hagar tell her employer, Mr. Oatley, about her husband?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)