|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
(a) Never, he was lazy.
(b) During harvest and threshing.
(c) When he needed drinking money.
(d) All day every day.
2. How is the Shipley house described?
(a) Old, unclean, and common.
(b) Gray, dirty, and smelly.
(c) Usual, filthy, and infested.
(d) Sparkling, vibrant, and beautiful.
3. What are the results of Hagar's stomach x-rays?
(a) She has stomach cancer.
(b) She has an ulcer.
(c) No one tells Hagar the x-ray report.
(d) She has a cast iron stomach.
4. What was Hagar allowed to take from her father's house after he died?
(a) Oaken armchair and rugs.
(c) All of the china and silver.
(d) Curtains and rugs.
5. What does Hagar's picture of Bram look like.
(a) He is dirty and unshaven.
(b) He is wearing a sailor suit.
(c) She doesn't have a picutre of Bram.
(d) The top of the picutre has faded away, as has her memory of Bram.
Short Answer Questions
1. After possibly embarrassing Doris at Dr. Corby's office by talking to loud, what does Hagar promise to do?
2. On the way to the hospital to deliver Marvin, Doris is scared, but doesn't admit it. What is she scared of?
3. What did Hagar fill the glass and silver wine decanter with?
4. Why do Marvin and Doris want to send Hagar to Silverthreads?
5. What two virtues does Hagar cite to John?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)