|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At her visit to Silverthreads, Hagar is seated on the veranda for a cup of tea. What does she think the tea tastes like?
(a) Wild flowers in spring.
2. What is Bram Shipley's reputation?
(a) He is common and lazy.
(b) He is religious and faithful.
(c) He is a scoundrel and not to be trusted.
(d) He is smart and thrifty.
3. What kind of wedding did Hagar and Bram Shipley have?
(a) There was nothing elaborate about her wedding.
(b) A small outdoor wedding at the Currie house.
(c) A big church wedding.
(d) A big fancy gathering at the Currie house.
4. How did Jason Currie discipline his sons?
(a) With switches.
(b) With a belt.
(c) With harsh words.
(d) With trips to the library.
5. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
(a) When he needed drinking money.
(b) Never, he was lazy.
(c) All day every day.
(d) During harvest and threshing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hagar say good-bye to her brother, Matt, when she leaves for boarding school?
2. How much money did Hagar get from her father?
3. What does Hagar want to do when she returns from boarding school?
4. What does Hagar think about her son Marvin and his wife Doris?
5. What kept impinging on the cemetery plots?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)