|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hagar get to the hospital to deliver her second son, John?
(a) She drives herself.
(b) Marvin drives her to the hospital.
(c) Bram drives her down the Main Street of town.
(d) She delivers him at home.
2. While seated on the veranda at Silverthreads Nursing Home, whose birth does Hagar remember?
(a) Daniel's birth.
(b) Her granddaughter Tina's birth.
(c) Her son John's birth.
(d) Her son Marvin's birth.
3. What comment does Mrs. Steiner make causing Hagar to wonder how she knows so much about her?
(a) "I am a psychic"
(b) "Do you get used to life?"
(c) "I know who you are and what you've done."
(d) "Well if it isn't Hagar Shipley, I haven't seen you in ages."
4. On the bus ride home from Dr. Corby's office Hagar cries when a young lady offers her seat to her. What is Hagar still unable to cry for?
(b) The little chicks Lottie killed.
(c) Her "dead men."
(d) The price of wheat.
5. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
(a) During harvest and threshing.
(b) All day every day.
(c) When he needed drinking money.
(d) Never, he was lazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hagar feel about John at his birth?
2. After getting married, what was Hagar waiting for at the Shipley place?
3. With Marvin off to the war, who goes with Hagar to deliver eggs?
4. Why did Bram receive a warning from a Mountie?
5. When John is seven, what do the kids in town call his father?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)