|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the bus ride home from Dr. Corby's office Hagar cries when a young lady offers her seat to her. What is Hagar still unable to cry for?
(a) The little chicks Lottie killed.
(b) Her "dead men."
(d) The price of wheat.
2. What do Marvin and Doris do when they want to go out to the movies?
(a) They take Hagar with them.
(b) They tell Hagar to be good and leave.
(c) They tie Hagar to the bed.
(d) They arrange for a sitter for Hagar.
3. What does Hagar's father value?
(c) Hard work.
4. At her visit to Silverthreads, Hagar is seated on the veranda for a cup of tea. What does she think the tea tastes like?
(d) Wild flowers in spring.
5. What is the stone angel?
(a) Yard statue standing in Hagar's front yard.
(b) The Currie family moto.
(c) A cemetery monument that used to stand over the Hagar's mother's grave.
(d) Small figurine Hagar keeps in her pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hagar's picture of Bram look like.
2. What kind of wedding did Hagar and Bram Shipley have?
3. What are the results of Hagar's stomach x-rays?
4. Why do Marvin and Doris want to send Hagar to Silverthreads?
5. After possibly embarrassing Doris at Dr. Corby's office by talking to loud, what does Hagar promise to do?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)