|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the bus ride home from Dr. Corby's office Hagar cries when a young lady offers her seat to her. What is Hagar still unable to cry for?
(a) Her "dead men."
(b) The little chicks Lottie killed.
(d) The price of wheat.
2. What does Hagar want to do when she returns from boarding school?
(a) Become a school teacher.
(b) Become a fire inspector.
(c) Become a minister.
(d) Become a wife and mother.
3. What kind of wedding did Hagar and Bram Shipley have?
(a) There was nothing elaborate about her wedding.
(b) A big fancy gathering at the Currie house.
(c) A small outdoor wedding at the Currie house.
(d) A big church wedding.
4. Which of Hagar's brother's died in Chapter 1 and from what?
(a) Matt, pneumonia.
(b) Matt, broken heart.
(c) Dan, pneumonia.
(d) Dan, scarlet fever.
5. Who were Hagar's brothers?
(a) John and Telford.
(b) Matt and Dan.
(c) Matt and Marvin.
(d) Marvin and Dan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hagar say good-bye to her brother, Matt, when she leaves for boarding school?
2. What kept impinging on the cemetery plots?
3. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
4. How did Jason Currie discipline his sons?
5. What caused Hagar to never attend church again?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)