|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lady that visits with Hagar at Silverthreads nursing home?
(a) Mrs. Steiner.
(b) Elva Currie.
(c) Mrs. Franco.
(d) Mavis Shipley.
2. Why do Marvin and Doris want to send Hagar to Silverthreads?
(a) Marvin and Doris both want some time to themselves.
(b) Marvin is afraid Hagar will burn the house down with her smoking.
(c) Doris can't keep up with the workload from Hagar's bed wetting.
(d) Doris can't stand Hagar and thinks she is mean.
3. What kind of house did the Currie's own?
(a) Large house, two floors and a basement.
(b) Large house, the second brick house in the town.
(c) Small house without plumbing or electricity.
(d) Small house with indoor plumbing.
4. What did the young people do in the Manawaka winters?
(a) Skate on the frozen river.
(b) Make snowcones.
(c) Build snowmen.
(d) Go to Florida.
5. What kind of pictures hung on the walls at the Shipley house before Hagar moved in?
(a) Pictures of horses.
(b) Pictures of wild flowers.
(d) Pictures of little brown jugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Hagar would dance hard at parties?
2. How does Hagar comment on Bram Shipley's dancing?
3. What did Hagar fill the glass and silver wine decanter with?
4. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
5. How much money did Hagar get from her father?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)