|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young people do in the Manawaka winters?
(a) Make snowcones.
(b) Build snowmen.
(c) Go to Florida.
(d) Skate on the frozen river.
2. While seated on the veranda at Silverthreads Nursing Home, whose birth does Hagar remember?
(a) Daniel's birth.
(b) Her son John's birth.
(c) Her son Marvin's birth.
(d) Her granddaughter Tina's birth.
3. What did Hagar fill the glass and silver wine decanter with?
(d) Chokecherry wine.
4. Why do Marvin and Doris want to send Hagar to Silverthreads?
(a) Doris can't keep up with the workload from Hagar's bed wetting.
(b) Marvin and Doris both want some time to themselves.
(c) Doris can't stand Hagar and thinks she is mean.
(d) Marvin is afraid Hagar will burn the house down with her smoking.
5. How did Hagar feel about horses?
(a) She liked paintings of them, and real ones.
(b) She thought them tasty for a Sunday brunch.
(c) She liked paintings of them, but not real ones.
(d) She didn't like paintings of them, nor real ones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the stone angel?
2. What kept impinging on the cemetery plots?
3. What was Hagar allowed to take from her father's house after he died?
4. What kind of pictures hung on the walls at the Shipley house before Hagar moved in?
5. How does Hagar comment on Bram Shipley's dancing?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)