|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hagar to cry on the bus ride home from Dr. Corby's office?
(a) A young woman offered Hagar her seat.
(b) The bus hits a bird.
(c) She sits on a pin.
(d) She gets chewing gum stuck on her new shoes.
2. Who did Jason Currie remarry after Hagar's mother died?
(a) Arlene Dreiser.
(b) Aunt Doll.
(c) Lottie Dreiser.
(d) He didn't remarry.
3. How did Hagar feel about horses?
(a) She didn't like paintings of them, nor real ones.
(b) She thought them tasty for a Sunday brunch.
(c) She liked paintings of them, and real ones.
(d) She liked paintings of them, but not real ones.
4. What does Hagar want to do when she returns from boarding school?
(a) Become a wife and mother.
(b) Become a fire inspector.
(c) Become a school teacher.
(d) Become a minister.
5. What kept impinging on the cemetery plots?
(a) Bees and grasshoppers.
(b) Bermuda grass.
(c) Wild and native flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time past before Jason Currie visited his first grandson?
2. How does Hagar say good-bye to her brother, Matt, when she leaves for boarding school?
3. How does Hagar know her father is pleased with her?
4. What does the stone angel remind Hagar of?
5. How much money did Hagar get from her father?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)