|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hagar want to do when she returns from boarding school?
(a) Become a minister.
(b) Become a fire inspector.
(c) Become a school teacher.
(d) Become a wife and mother.
2. Who is Doris' minister?
(a) Mr. Currie
(b) Mr. Telford
(c) Mr. Troy
(d) Ms. Dreiser
3. What was Hagar allowed to take from her father's house after he died?
(a) Oaken armchair and rugs.
(b) Curtains and rugs.
(c) All of the china and silver.
4. How does Hagar say good-bye to her brother, Matt, when she leaves for boarding school?
(a) With her nose in the air and a brush of her shoulder.
(b) With a handshake and a wave from the train.
(c) With a very cold good-bye, however she does cry after boarding the train.
(d) With a warm hug and bitter tears.
5. Which of Hagar's brother's died in Chapter 1 and from what?
(a) Matt, broken heart.
(b) Dan, scarlet fever.
(c) Dan, pneumonia.
(d) Matt, pneumonia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hagar feel about going to Silverthreads Nursing Home?
2. How does Hagar know her father is pleased with her?
3. What kind of house did the Currie's own?
4. Who were Hagar's brothers?
5. What did Hagar see when she lifted the sultana barrel lid at her father's store?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)