|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
(a) A stone angel.
(b) Stained glass windows.
(c) A chair.
(d) Silver candlesticks.
2. How did Bram Shipley spend his and Hagar's money?
(a) On dancing siamese cats to sell to the circus.
(b) On a successful beehive.
(c) On schemes that did not make any money.
(d) On dairy cows to sell milk.
3. Which of Hagar's brother's died in Chapter 1 and from what?
(a) Matt, pneumonia.
(b) Dan, scarlet fever.
(c) Matt, broken heart.
(d) Dan, pneumonia.
4. How does Hagar say good-bye to her brother, Matt, when she leaves for boarding school?
(a) With a warm hug and bitter tears.
(b) With a very cold good-bye, however she does cry after boarding the train.
(c) With her nose in the air and a brush of her shoulder.
(d) With a handshake and a wave from the train.
5. How does Hagar feel about going to Silverthreads Nursing Home?
(a) She doesn't want to go.
(b) She wants to take time to think about it.
(c) She is excited to go and be with people her own age.
(d) She thinks the idea is premature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hagar think about her son Marvin and his wife Doris?
2. How much money did Hagar get from her father?
3. How is the Shipley house described?
4. What is Bram Shipley's reputation?
5. What kind of wedding did Hagar and Bram Shipley have?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)