|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hagar return to Manawaka and the Shipley farm?
(a) John broke his leg.
(b) Bram is really sick, and dying.
(c) There is a drought.
(d) Bram is dead.
2. How does Elva suggest that Hagar relieve the pain in her chest?
(a) Meditation and yoga.
(b) Pray and sing.
(d) Ask the doctor for a night shot.
3. In the privacy of her own bedroom, why didn't Hagar cry for her dead son?
(a) She had held back the tears too long and couldn't cry.
(b) She really didn't care that much for John.
(c) She didn't have any tissue.
(d) She was already all cried out from losing Bram.
4. What did Hagar fill the glass and silver wine decanter with?
(a) Chokecherry wine.
5. How does Hagar feel about going to Silverthreads Nursing Home?
(a) She doesn't want to go.
(b) She wants to take time to think about it.
(c) She is excited to go and be with people her own age.
(d) She thinks the idea is premature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Hagar and Elva both know and exchange facts about?
2. What happened to Hagar's money that she invested in the stock market?
3. What is the Currie family war cry?
4. What does Marvin mean when he comments of being pulled between "two fires?"
5. Who does John tell Hagar she will be like, when she leaves Bram to go find work as a housekeeper?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)