|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the real reason that Hagar told Mr. Oatley she needed a few more weeks in Manawaka?
(a) She didn't want to leave John alone.
(b) Her son died.
(c) The farm needed tending to.
(d) She really liked it there.
2. Where does Hagar deliver her first son, Marvin?
(a) At the hospital.
(b) At home.
(c) In a barn.
(d) On Main Street.
3. What kind of house did the Currie's own?
(a) Large house, the second brick house in the town.
(b) Small house with indoor plumbing.
(c) Large house, two floors and a basement.
(d) Small house without plumbing or electricity.
4. What is the stone angel supposed to do?
(a) Keep everyone safe.
(b) Sing a hymn.
(c) Guide the townspeople to heaven.
(d) Pray to heaven.
5. What causes Hagar to become nauseous and then fall in the woods?
(a) Her bowels haven't moved.
(b) The chocolate was bad.
(c) The smell of the fish.
(d) The cheese was bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
2. How does Hagar comment on Bram Shipley's dancing?
3. When will Elva get to go home from the hospital?
4. When John is seven, what do the kids in town call his father?
5. Murray Lees says the watchman's dogs would have got him, if what hadn't been outside?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)