|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At her visit to Silverthreads, Hagar is seated on the veranda for a cup of tea. What does she think the tea tastes like?
(d) Wild flowers in spring.
2. In Chapter 4, why is Hagar at the doctor's office?
(a) For back pain.
(b) For a lollipop.
(c) For stomach x-rays.
(d) For a cancer screening.
3. Who does Hagar form and alliance with in hopes of keeping John and Arlene from marrying?
(b) Charlie Bean.
4. What reduces all people in the Manawaka community to the same desperate level?
(a) There is a drought.
(b) A polio outbreak.
(c) The new king.
(d) The stock market crash.
5. What happened when Hagar didn't have enough money to send John to college?
(a) He started drinking and running around with fast women.
(b) He applied for a loan.
(c) Mr. Oatley got him a job in an office.
(d) He worked part-time and put himself through college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the children's verse that implies if Hagar had the wings of an angel or a crow, she could fly up high and spit on the people below?
2. Hagar wants to ask Marvin about his war experiences, too soothe him by listening, but doesn't. Why not?
3. What are the results of Hagar's stomach x-rays?
4. What does Hagar's picture of Bram look like.
5. Why is Hagar peeved with Marvin when he tells her she can now be moved to a private room?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)