|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the patient that befriends Hagar in the hospital?
(a) Mrs. Soldier.
(b) Mrs. Reily.
(c) Mrs. Dobereiner.
(d) Elva Jardine.
2. At the end of Chapter 4, what does Marvin tell Hagar about the nursing home?
(a) She is going today.
(b) She never has to go, if she doesn't want to.
(c) If she stops smoking she doesn't have to go.
(d) In one week she is going.
3. What was the real reason that Hagar told Mr. Oatley she needed a few more weeks in Manawaka?
(a) Her son died.
(b) She didn't want to leave John alone.
(c) She really liked it there.
(d) The farm needed tending to.
4. What does Hagar think about the amenities of the small night watchman's house at the cannery?
(a) She is happy to have a roof over her head.
(b) She takes pleasure in the view of the sea and thinks moving is a great adventure.
(c) She is upset about the mildewed mattress.
(d) She thought it would do for now, but plans to get a better place.
5. What is the stone angel supposed to do?
(a) Keep everyone safe.
(b) Sing a hymn.
(c) Guide the townspeople to heaven.
(d) Pray to heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hagar feel about horses?
2. How does Hagar comment on Bram Shipley's dancing?
3. Why does Hagar rarely visit her first son, Marvin, who lives nearby?
4. Why does Arlene Simmons bring John home one night?
5. What does Hagar do as she sits on the bed in the little building at Shadow Point?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)