|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hagar respond when Mrs. Steiner says she hope to see Hagar again?
(a) She smiles politely and nods her head.
(b) She says she won't come back to the horrible place.
(c) She denies she'll every come back.
(d) She says she can't wait and hopes they become best of friends.
2. Who does John tell Hagar his best friends are when they have moved to Mr. Oatley's home?
(a) A store owner's son and Lazarus.
(b) A doctor's son and a funeal parlor owner's son.
(c) Jason Currie and Telford.
(d) Marvin and Lazarus.
3. What has been John's therapy for his dying father?
(b) Letting him drink the liquor he distilled.
(c) Stretching and good nutrition.
(d) Biting on a bullet.
4. Where does Hagar deliver her first son, Marvin?
(a) On Main Street.
(b) In a barn.
(c) At home.
(d) At the hospital.
5. Hagar realizes that Marvin cares deeply about Doris. What comment does Hagar make about that?
(a) She doesn't understand why because Doris is greedy.
(b) Marvin should get his head examined.
(c) He is just confused.
(d) She does not understand the feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Hagar's sons does she say is like her father, Jason Currie?
2. How does Hagar feel about going to Silverthreads Nursing Home?
3. When Marvin and Doris come to visit Hagar at the hospital again, what does Doris offer to do?
4. Why does Hagar return to Manawaka and the Shipley farm?
5. What happens when Hagar offers some food to the children?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)