|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the stone angel?
(a) Small figurine Hagar keeps in her pocket.
(b) Yard statue standing in Hagar's front yard.
(c) The Currie family moto.
(d) A cemetery monument that used to stand over the Hagar's mother's grave.
2. How does Hagar refer to the house when her, Marvin, and Doris leave Silverthreads?
(a) As her, Marvin, and Doris' house equally.
(b) As Marvin and Doris' house.
(c) As her house and no one elses.
(d) As John's house.
3. What does Hagar want to do when she returns from boarding school?
(a) Become a school teacher.
(b) Become a wife and mother.
(c) Become a minister.
(d) Become a fire inspector.
4. What was Hagar allowed to take from her father's house after he died?
(a) All of the china and silver.
(b) Oaken armchair and rugs.
(c) Curtains and rugs.
5. How much money did Hagar get from her father?
(b) No money, but she got the store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hagar see when she lifted the sultana barrel lid at her father's store?
2. Who were Hagar's brothers?
3. At her visit to Silverthreads, Hagar is seated on the veranda for a cup of tea. What does she think the tea tastes like?
4. How much older is Bram Shipley than Hagar?
5. What did Hagar fill the glass and silver wine decanter with?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)