|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hagar say good-bye to her brother, Matt, when she leaves for boarding school?
(a) With a very cold good-bye, however she does cry after boarding the train.
(b) With a warm hug and bitter tears.
(c) With a handshake and a wave from the train.
(d) With her nose in the air and a brush of her shoulder.
2. How did Jason Currie discipline his sons?
(a) With a belt.
(b) With trips to the library.
(c) With harsh words.
(d) With switches.
3. What caused Hagar to never attend church again?
(a) Her father telling her she wasn't welcome anymore.
(b) Bram's loud comment, "Won't the saintly bastard ever shut his trap?"
(c) The preacher's shoes didn't match his robes.
(d) Bram's loud comment, "Preach on! Preach on sinner!"
4. How much older is Bram Shipley than Hagar?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 14 years.
(d) He is really younger than her.
5. At her visit to Silverthreads, Hagar is seated on the veranda for a cup of tea. What does she think the tea tastes like?
(c) Wild flowers in spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hagar feel about going to Silverthreads Nursing Home?
2. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
3. What is the stone angel supposed to do?
4. How does Hagar respond when Mrs. Steiner says she hope to see Hagar again?
5. How much money did Hagar get from her father?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)