|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the lady that visits with Hagar at Silverthreads nursing home?
(a) Mrs. Steiner.
(b) Mavis Shipley.
(c) Mrs. Franco.
(d) Elva Currie.
2. What caused Hagar to never attend church again?
(a) Her father telling her she wasn't welcome anymore.
(b) Bram's loud comment, "Preach on! Preach on sinner!"
(c) Bram's loud comment, "Won't the saintly bastard ever shut his trap?"
(d) The preacher's shoes didn't match his robes.
3. What is the name of the man Hagar thinks she recognizes at the small summer house?
(a) Charlie Bean.
(c) His name wasn't mentioned and he isn't who she thought he was.
4. What does Hagar's picture of Bram look like.
(a) The top of the picutre has faded away, as has her memory of Bram.
(b) He is wearing a sailor suit.
(c) She doesn't have a picutre of Bram.
(d) He is dirty and unshaven.
5. What kind of wedding did Hagar and Bram Shipley have?
(a) A big fancy gathering at the Currie house.
(b) There was nothing elaborate about her wedding.
(c) A small outdoor wedding at the Currie house.
(d) A big church wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. While seated on the veranda at Silverthreads Nursing Home, whose birth does Hagar remember?
2. After possibly embarrassing Doris at Dr. Corby's office by talking to loud, what does Hagar promise to do?
3. Where does Hagar deliver her first son, Marvin?
4. What happened when Hagar would dance hard at parties?
5. What did Hagar's father donate to the new church when she was a young girl?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)