|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hagar do as she sits on the bed in the little building at Shadow Point?
(a) Watches the darkness come.
(b) Knits and sings hymns.
(c) Eats chocolate and cheese.
2. How does Hagar say good-bye to her brother, Matt, when she leaves for boarding school?
(a) With her nose in the air and a brush of her shoulder.
(b) With a handshake and a wave from the train.
(c) With a warm hug and bitter tears.
(d) With a very cold good-bye, however she does cry after boarding the train.
3. What kind of pictures hung on the walls at the Shipley house before Hagar moved in?
(b) Pictures of wild flowers.
(c) Pictures of horses.
(d) Pictures of little brown jugs.
4. Which of Hagar's sons does she say is like her father, Jason Currie?
5. What improvements did Bram make on the Shipley place?
(a) Fixed the leaky roof.
(c) An indoor pump.
(d) Wired the entire place for electricity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
2. Who does John tell Hagar his best friends are when they have moved to Mr. Oatley's home?
3. When it is clear that Bram is dying, Marvin comes to visit him. Hagar overhears Marvin tell Bram something that she wishes she could also say to Bram. What is it?
4. How does Hagar comment on Bram Shipley's dancing?
5. Hagar returns to Manawaka when Bram becomes very sick. Upon seeing Hagar for the first time in years, Bram doesn't recognize Hagar at first. Later, who does he tell her she reminds him of?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)