|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the children's verse that implies if Hagar had the wings of an angel or a crow, she could fly up high and spit on the people below?
(a) If I had Wings.
(b) The Prisoner's Song.
(c) Fly Like a Crow.
(d) Fly Like an Angel
2. What does Hagar do as she sits on the bed in the little building at Shadow Point?
(a) Eats chocolate and cheese.
(b) Watches the darkness come.
(d) Knits and sings hymns.
3. Who does John tell Hagar his best friends are when they have moved to Mr. Oatley's home?
(a) A store owner's son and Lazarus.
(b) Jason Currie and Telford.
(c) A doctor's son and a funeal parlor owner's son.
(d) Marvin and Lazarus.
4. When Hagar and John go to town to sell eggs, who does she see flirting with John?
(a) Arlene Simmons.
(b) Aunt Doll.
(c) Gladys Shipley.
(d) Jess Shipley.
5. What does Hagar want to do when she returns from boarding school?
(a) Become a fire inspector.
(b) Become a school teacher.
(c) Become a minister.
(d) Become a wife and mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bram tell Hagar when she says she is leaving and taking John?
2. What happened to Hagar's money that she invested in the stock market?
3. On the train ride out of town, what does John confess happened to the plaid-pin of the Curries?
4. Where is Bram burried?
5. What do Marvin and Doris do when they want to go out to the movies?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)