|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the fish cannery, Hagar seeks shelter in the small watchman's house. She comments it does not have any paint, a fact that would annoy Marvin. Why would that annoy Marvin?
(a) He loves the smell of paint fumes.
(b) He is a paint salesman.
(c) Unpainted homes drive him crazy.
(d) He is a painter.
2. When was it mentioned that Bram would usually work?
(a) All day every day.
(b) When he needed drinking money.
(c) Never, he was lazy.
(d) During harvest and threshing.
3. Why does Hagar return to Manawaka and the Shipley farm?
(a) Bram is really sick, and dying.
(b) John broke his leg.
(c) There is a drought.
(d) Bram is dead.
4. Who is Doris' minister?
(a) Mr. Telford
(b) Mr. Currie
(c) Ms. Dreiser
(d) Mr. Troy
5. When it is clear that Bram is dying, Marvin comes to visit him. Hagar overhears Marvin tell Bram something that she wishes she could also say to Bram. What is it?
(a) Go to hell.
(b) I am sorry.
(c) We will be fine.
(d) You are important to me.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Hagar feel about horses?
2. Why do Marvin and Doris want to send Hagar to Silverthreads?
3. After getting married, what was Hagar waiting for at the Shipley place?
4. How much older is Bram Shipley than Hagar?
5. What comment does Mrs. Steiner make causing Hagar to wonder how she knows so much about her?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)