|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bram Shipley spend his and Hagar's money?
(a) On dancing siamese cats to sell to the circus.
(b) On dairy cows to sell milk.
(c) On schemes that did not make any money.
(d) On a successful beehive.
2. Even though Marvin hated smoking, what does he give Hagar?
(a) A pack of Camels.
(b) Cinnamon chewing gum.
(c) A large and beautiful glass ashtray.
(d) A small purse ashtray.
3. Why didn't John want to apply for a scholarship or loan to go to college?
(a) He said he was too old and didn't have the brains.
(b) He didn't know why he should since is mother made so much money with her stocks.
(c) He said he didn't have the brains.
(d) He said he didn't want to leave Arlene.
4. What two virtues does Hagar cite to John?
(a) Patience and honesty.
(b) Kindness and modesty.
(c) Drinking and smoking.
(d) Hard work and self-motivation.
5. How did Hagar feel about John at his birth?
(b) Full of pride and joy.
(c) Strange and uncertain.
(d) She felt an instant connection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hagar comment on Bram Shipley's dancing?
2. Why did Bram receive a warning from a Mountie?
3. What caused Hagar to never attend church again?
4. What improvements did Bram make on the Shipley place?
5. What wakes Hagar up at the beginning of Chapter 6?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)