|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the fish cannery, Hagar seeks shelter in the small watchman's house. She comments it does not have any paint, a fact that would annoy Marvin. Why would that annoy Marvin?
(a) Unpainted homes drive him crazy.
(b) He is a paint salesman.
(c) He loves the smell of paint fumes.
(d) He is a painter.
2. While seated on the veranda at Silverthreads Nursing Home, whose birth does Hagar remember?
(a) Her son John's birth.
(b) Daniel's birth.
(c) Her granddaughter Tina's birth.
(d) Her son Marvin's birth.
3. What kind of pictures hung on the walls at the Shipley house before Hagar moved in?
(b) Pictures of horses.
(c) Pictures of wild flowers.
(d) Pictures of little brown jugs.
4. What does Hagar find out when she calls Mrs. Conner, the doctor's wife, to introduce herself?
(a) The Conners have a daughter, who looks like a boy.
(b) The Conners are getting a divorce and moving away.
(c) The Conner's son is adopted.
(d) The Conners don't have a son.
5. What improvements did Bram make on the Shipley place?
(a) Fixed the leaky roof.
(b) Wired the entire place for electricity.
(c) An indoor pump.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Mrs. Steiner make causing Hagar to wonder how she knows so much about her?
2. What does Bram tell Hagar when she says she is leaving and taking John?
3. After the bus drops Hagar off in Shadow Point and she purchases provisions at the service station, how does Hagar get to the fish cannery road?
4. How does Hagar get to the hospital to deliver her second son, John?
5. At her visit to Silverthreads, Hagar is seated on the veranda for a cup of tea. What does she think the tea tastes like?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)