• Hagar reflects on the stone angel, cemetery monument, that used to stand over her mother's grave.
• Hagar reflects on the men in her life who have died.
• Jason Currie, Hagar's father, owns the store and is a success.
• Matt and Daniel, Hagar's older brother's are introduced.
• Daniel dies from pneumonia, after falling through the ice on the frozen river.
• Hagar is 90 years old and her son Marvin and his wife Doris have been living with her for 17 years.
• Doris takes care of Hagar as best she can.
• Marvin and Doris tell Hagar they want to sell the house.
• Doris' minister, Mr. Troy, comes to talk to Hagar.
• Hagar recalls leaving for boarding school.
• Hagar meets Brampton Shipley.
• Hagar defies her father and marries Brampton Shipley (Bram).
• Hagar discovers that Marvin and Doris want her to go to Silverthreads Nursing Home.
• Hagar reflects on her possessions in...
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)