|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Jess decide to speak up for?
(a) Gays people.
(b) Transgendered people.
(c) All of these.
(d) Blue-collar workers.
2. What does Jess put on the mantle in her apartment?
(a) A stack of books.
(c) A china kitten.
(d) Geisha girl figurines.
3. How much money does Jess have when she arrives in New York City?
4. What medication is Jess given after her breast reduction surgery?
(c) Tylenol 3.
5. Which old friend does Jess meet in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what event does Annie take Jess?
2. Where does Jess move after leaving Buffalo?
3. What kind of flower petals does Ruth put in salads?
4. What kind of business does Jess learn that Butch Jan has opened?
5. Where does Jess do laundry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Jess when she decides to stop taking the male hormones?
2. Describe how living in New York City elevates Jess' life in many ways.
3. Why does Jess have to guard herself as she moves into the world of men?
4. What precipitates Jess' move to New York City?
5. What happens at a wedding that lets Jess know that she cannot continue a relationship with Annie?
6. What is the dilemma Jess faces regarding identification?
7. What is the irony of Jess moving next door to Ruth?
8. How does Jess show prejudice when she learns that Frankie took a butch lover?
9. What changes does Jess see in herself after taking male hormones and how does she know she has passed as a male?
10. Describe Jess' life after she arrives in New York City and realizes she cannot stay in the apartment with no lock on the door.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)