|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jess thinks that her Buffalo friends would have said that life in New York was ___________.
2. Which of the following is something that Jess does NOT buy in Chapter 22?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(c) Rye bread.
3. Which of the following is NOT true of Butch Al when Jess finds her at the asylum?
(a) She is watching TV.
(b) She is white-haired.
(c) She is sitting in front of a window.
(d) She is catatonic.
4. Which of the following does Jess NOT do in her second New York City apartment?
(a) Sands the floors.
(b) Puts up wallpaper.
(c) Paints the walls.
(d) Puts up curtains.
5. What male characteristic does NOT go away when Jess discontinues male hormones?
(a) Deep voice.
(b) Rough hands.
(c) Narrow hips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flower petals does Ruth put in salads?
2. Gloria will not allow Jess to see her grandkids, Kim, and __________.
3. Jess finds out that Butch Al is _____________.
4. How is Jess treated at the doctor's office where she has her breast reduction surgery?
5. What opportunity does Duffy offer Jess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jess' mental process as she is about to inject the male hormones.
2. Describe Jess' life after she arrives in New York City and realizes she cannot stay in the apartment with no lock on the door.
3. What role does Jess take on with the union and what is her motivation?
4. What precipitates Jess' move to New York City?
5. Describe the encounter where Jess sees Butch Al in the asylum.
6. How does Jess show prejudice when she learns that Frankie took a butch lover?
7. What is the significance of the apartment fire to Jess?
8. What happens at a wedding that lets Jess know that she cannot continue a relationship with Annie?
9. What is the dilemma Jess faces regarding identification?
10. Why does Jess have to guard herself as she moves into the world of men?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)