|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the butch who offers Jess a place to stay?
2. What is the name of Toni's femme?
3. What is the name of the nightclub where Milli works?
(a) The Neon Rainbow.
(b) Pink Pussy Kat Club.
(c) The Pink Flamingo.
(d) Lucky's Nite Club.
4. Which of the following do Butch Al and Jacqueline NOT teach Jess?
(a) How to dress.
(b) How to have sex.
(c) How to write a resume.
(d) How to live the butch life.
5. What does management try to avoid at all costs?
(a) Giving raises.
(b) A unified workforce.
(c) Giving holiday pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ed and Jess a hit at the bar after the police fight?
2. What is Jess called for the first time while working at the print shop?
3. What does Jess find it hard to do after spending the summer with her friends at Tifka's?
4. What important butch accessory does Jess buy?
5. With whom does Jess break up in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jess essentially save her life by running away from home?
2. What unusual request can Jess not meet after the death of Butch Ro?
3. Why are the bars not safe havens for the homosexuals and cross-dressers?
4. How does Theresa react to Jess' desire to take male hormones?
5. What is ironic about the way butches and femmes relate?
6. When does Jess first learn that there are other people like her and that she may be able to find them?
7. Explain the relationship between Jess and Theresa and why they cannot protect each other from hurt in spite of their love.
8. What does Jess reveal about her life that many readers today would find shocking?
9. Why does Jess ultimately run away from home?
10. What is Tifka's and why does Jess find it a haven?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)