|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the nightclub where Milli works?
(a) The Neon Rainbow.
(b) The Pink Flamingo.
(c) Lucky's Nite Club.
(d) Pink Pussy Kat Club.
2. Which of the following does Jess NOT do while at the mental hospital?
(a) Take pills.
(b) Make moccasins.
(c) Make trivets.
(d) Slit her wrists.
3. What was one of Butch Ro's last wishes?
(a) That her ashes be spread over the bar.
(b) That the other butches wear dresses to her funeral.
(c) That the butches and femmes have a party in her honor.
(d) That her police record be cleared.
4. Why does Theresa kick the cannery superintendent in the shins?
(a) For whistling at her.
(b) For firing her.
(c) For kissing her.
(d) For trying to grab her breasts.
5. Who is the pro that Jess meets in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jess called for the first time while working at the print shop?
2. Where do the women from the bindery wait in the cold night to get a job?
3. Who had been Butch Ro's femme?
4. How many articles of clothing associated with his or her biological sex did a cross-dresser have to wear in order to avoid arrest?
5. In addition to being beaten in jail, Butch Al is also _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author insert some levity into the story?
2. Explain why Jess has a typical gay childhood?
3. What is the importance of camaraderie among the factory workers?
4. Why does Angie suggest that Jess get a job in a factory?
5. What happens when Jess and Ed show up at the funeral not wearing dresses?
6. How does Jess meet Theresa?
7. What is ironic about the way butches and femmes relate?
8. What is Tifka's and why does Jess find it a haven?
9. What are the circumstances related to Jess being raped during high school?
10. Describe the first time that Jess experiences a police beating and the impact it has on her.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)