|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 1 takes the reader back in time for a look at gay history and this technique is called ______________.
2. Why could homosexuals and cross-dressers not file a complaint of police brutality?
(a) They could not get good lawyers.
(b) They did not want to make them any angrier.
(c) Homosexuality and cross dressing were illegal.
(d) They did not want to embarrass their families.
3. Where is Jess working at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A factory.
(b) A bar.
(c) A museum.
(d) A car dealership.
4. Whose funeral is Ed going to attend?
(a) Butch Ro.
(b) Butch Sal.
(c) Butch Al.
(d) Butch Aggie.
5. Who is Jess' foreman at the bindery?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Jess' mentor?
2. Which of the following does NOT happen to Jess at the football field?
3. Who does Jess want to be like when she grows up?
4. What does Toni accuse Jess of doing?
5. What is the name of Toni's femme?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's position on labor unions as evidenced in the book?
2. What is the significance of Jess being called a "stone" butch?
3. Explain why Jess has a typical gay childhood?
4. What happens to Jess on her first night on her own?
5. What happens when Jess and Ed show up at the funeral not wearing dresses?
6. Even though Jess experiences anti-Semitic cruelty, what eclipses this hatred directed toward her?
7. How does Jess meet Theresa?
8. What unusual request can Jess not meet after the death of Butch Ro?
9. How does the topic of feminism enter into Jess and Theresa's life?
10. How does Jess accept the fact that a black man gets a job she is capable of too?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)