|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the butch legend that Jess sees at the bar?
2. Which of the following does Jess NOT do while at the mental hospital?
(a) Slit her wrists.
(b) Make moccasins.
(c) Make trivets.
(d) Take pills.
3. What does Toni accuse Jess of doing?
(a) Stealing her cigarettes.
(b) Having an affair with Betty.
(c) Dating a man.
(d) Wrecking her cycle.
4. What is considered butch-femme courtship?
(a) Wearing matching leather jackets.
(b) Moving in together.
(c) Getting matching piercings.
(d) Taking a ride on a motorcycle.
5. What is the name of the nightclub where Milli works?
(a) Pink Pussy Kat Club.
(b) The Neon Rainbow.
(c) The Pink Flamingo.
(d) Lucky's Nite Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what time period does STONE BUTCH BLUES take place?
2. It was once ___________ for women to dance together.
3. How long does it take for Jess to work up the courage to go to Tifka's?
4. Why is Jess being considered for a better job at the bindery?
5. Which of the following do Butch Al and Jacqueline NOT teach Jess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it a mistake for Jess to go into the Pink Pussy Kat Club looking for Milli?
2. How does Jess meet Theresa?
3. What unusual request can Jess not meet after the death of Butch Ro?
4. When does Jess first learn that there are other people like her and that she may be able to find them?
5. How does Theresa react to Jess' desire to take male hormones?
6. What is the author's position on labor unions as evidenced in the book?
7. What does Jess reveal about her life that many readers today would find shocking?
8. How does Jess accept the fact that a black man gets a job she is capable of too?
9. What is the significance of Jess being called a "stone" butch?
10. What is the importance of camaraderie among the factory workers?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)