|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the worker Jess used to know at the bindery that has come to work at the same factory Jess works now?
2. Which of the following does Jess decide to speak up for?
(a) Transgendered people.
(b) Gays people.
(c) All of these.
(d) Blue-collar workers.
3. What medication is Jess given after her breast reduction surgery?
(b) Tylenol 3.
4. Where do Jess and Annie have their first date?
(a) The golf course.
(b) The movies.
(c) Annie's house.
(d) A picnic.
5. Where is Jess sitting at the end of the novel?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A fire escape.
(c) A bar.
(d) A bus station.
6. Why does Jess deduce that Butch Al is in the asylum?
(a) She took an overdose of sleeping pills.
(b) She has gone underground to protect herself.
(c) She slit her wrists.
(d) She took an overdose of insulin.
7. How is Jess treated at the doctor's office where she has her breast reduction surgery?
(a) With compassion.
(b) Like she is a freak.
(c) Like an object.
(d) Like she is a dog.
8. Where does Jess go at the beginning of Chapter 25?
9. Passing as a man has robbed Jess of her ___________.
10. What does Gloria offer Jess?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) A job.
(c) Some clothes.
(d) A car.
11. According to Annie, __________ molest children.
12. What is the subject of the watercolor paintings hanging in Ruth's apartment?
13. Which one of Jess' friends from the past meets her in Manhattan?
14. To what creature does Jess compare herself?
15. Gloria will not allow Jess to see her grandkids, Kim, and __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jess buys a ________________ concert tape for Ruth.
2. What did Jess find in New York that was not available in Buffalo?
3. What is Jess' male name?
4. Where does Jess spend her first night in New York City?
5. What tragedy befalls Jess in Chapter 21?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)