|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jess see when looking in the mirror one morning?
(a) Bloodshot eyes.
(b) Stubble sprouting on her face.
(c) A rash on her neck.
(d) Some grey hairs.
2. To what event does Annie take Jess?
(a) Her company picnic.
(b) Her family reunion.
(c) Her sister's wedding.
(d) Her church social.
3. Gloria will not allow Jess to see her grandkids, Kim, and __________.
4. Which of the following is NOT painted on Jess' bedroom ceiling?
(c) Night sky.
5. What does Jess buy Ruth for Christmas?
(b) Sewing machine.
6. Which of the following is something that Jess does NOT buy in Chapter 22?
(a) Rye bread.
(d) Fresh fruit.
7. What kills Jess' job at the factory?
(a) She is late too many days.
(b) She is referred to as "she" at a union meeting.
(c) She misses too many days.
(d) She organizes a union strike.
8. Who is the man that Jess befriends in Chapter 16?
9. What does Jess have a picture of hanging in her locker at work?
(a) Niagara Falls.
(c) The motorcycle she used to have.
(d) A beach in Hawaii.
10. What did Jess find in New York that was not available in Buffalo?
(a) All-night bowling alleys.
(b) Cheap apartments.
(c) Gay bars.
(d) Sophisticated culture.
11. Which former girlfriend does Jess meet again in Chapter 18?
12. Jess tells Frankie that she was shocked because _________________.
(a) Frankie had a butch lover.
(b) Frankie's hair is orange.
(c) Frankie moved out of Buffalo.
(d) Frankie has lost a lot of weight.
13. Which of the following does Jess decide to speak up for?
(a) All of these.
(b) Gays people.
(c) Blue-collar workers.
(d) Transgendered people.
14. What does Gloria offer Jess?
(a) A car.
(b) Some clothes.
(c) A job.
(d) A place to stay.
15. When does Jess realize that the male hormone treatments are working?
(a) When the waiter gives her the check.
(b) When her own mother does not recognize her.
(c) When the barber calls her "sir."
(d) When she can enter the men's bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to make Jess want to leave Buffalo for good?
2. What opportunity does Duffy offer Jess?
3. Edna says that Jess and Rocco are __________ butches.
4. What kind of birds does Jess see fly by at the end of the novel?
5. According to Annie, __________ molest children.
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)