|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jess work part-time during high school?
(b) A bistro.
(c) A print shop.
(d) Olive Garden.
2. Who is Jess' long-lost lover?
3. What did people in society normally label lesbians, gays, and transsexuals?
4. Which of the following do Butch Al and Jacqueline NOT teach Jess?
(a) How to dress.
(b) How to write a resume.
(c) How to have sex.
(d) How to live the butch life.
5. What does Jess find it hard to do after spending the summer with her friends at Tifka's?
(a) Cutting class to drive to Tifka's.
(b) Be a "normal" high school girl.
(c) Cut down on the long distance calls.
(d) Stop writing letters to her new friends.
6. What major life change is Jess considering in Chapter 13?
(a) Buying a house.
(b) Going to college.
(c) Taking male hormones.
(d) Getting married.
7. Gay men who dress like women are called _________________.
(c) drag queens.
8. What jewelry does Jess give Theresa after they have lived together for two years?
9. Who takes care of Jess after police raids?
10. Who is Butch Al's femme?
11. What is the name of the bar Gloria tells Jess about?
12. With whom does Jess spend much of her time after school?
(c) Butch Al.
13. Which of the following is NOT true about Rocco?
(a) She is passing as a man in public.
(b) She is taking male hormones.
(c) She has flowing blonde hair.
(d) She has had her breasts removed.
14. Why is Jess being considered for a better job at the bindery?
(a) To keep it from going to a black man.
(b) Because they need a woman in the job to meet government standards.
(c) Because she is a quick learner.
(d) Because she has management potential.
15. A lesbian who dresses and behaves like a traditional man is called ___________________.
(a) a stone butch lesbian.
(b) a transsexual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the old butches give Jess and Ed the cold shoulder after the funeral?
2. Who is the main character in STONE BUTCH BLUES?
3. At the football field, Jess is verbally assaulted with anti-Semitic and ____________ taunts.
4. Who does Jess want to be like when she grows up?
5. After Theresa is fired at the cannery, where does Jess see her again?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)