|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jess living at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Niagara Falls.
2. Which of the following does Jess NOT do while at the mental hospital?
(a) Slit her wrists.
(b) Make moccasins.
(c) Take pills.
(d) Make trivets.
3. What does Jess win in the softball game?
(d) Free dinner.
4. What was one of Butch Ro's last wishes?
(a) That her ashes be spread over the bar.
(b) That her police record be cleared.
(c) That the butches and femmes have a party in her honor.
(d) That the other butches wear dresses to her funeral.
5. Who is the chief shop steward who makes promises to Jess?
6. Where is Jess working in Chapter 12?
(a) A cannery.
(b) A glass factory.
(c) A telephone company.
(d) A bowling alley.
7. What does Theresa ask Jess to do at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Take out the trash.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Move out.
(d) Order a pizza.
8. Who becomes Jess' mentor?
(a) Butch Al.
(d) Mr. McLeod.
9. What is the name of the bar where Jess goes after being kicked out of the bus station?
10. Who does Jess want to be like when she grows up?
(b) Butch Sondra.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Butch Al.
11. Where does Angie suggest that Jess get a job?
(a) A factory.
(b) A tool and die shop.
(c) A liquor store.
(d) A hardware store.
12. How long does it take for Jess to work up the courage to go to Tifka's?
(a) A year.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A couple days.
(d) She never goes.
13. Where is Jess working at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) A car dealership.
(b) A museum.
(c) A bar.
(d) A factory.
14. What makes Ed and Jess a hit at the bar after the police fight?
(a) They were on the TV news.
(b) They have matching gashes on their right eyebrows.
(c) They decide to dress alike all the time.
(d) They buy drinks for everybody.
15. Who is the main character in STONE BUTCH BLUES?
(a) Jane Goldberg.
(b) Jamie Goldberg.
(c) Jess Goldenblatt.
(d) Jess Goldberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the attractive woman that Jess meets at the cannery?
2. What major life change is Jess considering in Chapter 13?
3. Who is the pro that Jess meets in Chapter 10?
4. Butch Al has the masculine clothes, strength of form, and ________________ that Jess dreams about having.
5. Where does Milli talk about getting a job when Jess loses her job at the pipe factory?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)