|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had been Butch Ro's femme?
2. What is considered butch-femme courtship?
(a) Moving in together.
(b) Wearing matching leather jackets.
(c) Taking a ride on a motorcycle.
(d) Getting matching piercings.
3. What does Toni accuse Jess of doing?
(a) Stealing her cigarettes.
(b) Dating a man.
(c) Having an affair with Betty.
(d) Wrecking her cycle.
4. Where is Jess working in Chapter 8?
(b) Drug store.
5. It was once ___________ for women to dance together.
(b) bad form.
6. Who does Jess want to be like when she grows up?
(a) Butch Al.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Butch Sondra.
7. Chapter 1 takes the reader back in time for a look at gay history and this technique is called ______________.
8. What makes Ed and Jess a hit at the bar after the police fight?
(a) They were on the TV news.
(b) They buy drinks for everybody.
(c) They have matching gashes on their right eyebrows.
(d) They decide to dress alike all the time.
9. Why does Theresa kick the cannery superintendent in the shins?
(a) For trying to grab her breasts.
(b) For kissing her.
(c) For whistling at her.
(d) For firing her.
10. What was one of Butch Ro's last wishes?
(a) That the butches and femmes have a party in her honor.
(b) That her police record be cleared.
(c) That her ashes be spread over the bar.
(d) That the other butches wear dresses to her funeral.
11. Why is Ed dressed up at Jess' house in Chapter 11?
(a) She is going to have her portrait taken.
(b) She is going to a funeral.
(c) She is going to a wedding.
(d) She is going to church.
12. Where is Jess living at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(b) Niagara Falls.
13. What had Jess been doing with some other women at the factory prior to her termination?
14. What is Jess called for the first time while working at the print shop?
15. How is the factory best characterized in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Jess goes after being kicked out of the bus station?
2. Who is the chief shop steward who makes promises to Jess?
3. With what cause does Theresa become involved?
4. What does Theresa ask Jess to do at the end of Chapter 13?
5. Butch Al has the masculine clothes, strength of form, and ________________ that Jess dreams about having.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)