|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Annie's abductor supposed to keep her captive, according to his agreement with Annie's mother?
2. Where was Annie taken to spend the night with the cop from Clayton Falls, as described in Session 20?
3. What cousin of Annie's does she say had lost her Realtor's license for a short time, possibly leading to a motive for kidnapping?
4. Annie describes having dinner with her mother in Session 23, in which her mother told her Luke was what in the weeks before her disappearance?
5. What had Annie been wearing on the day she was abducted?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie believe her Aunt Val might be responsible for her abduction in some way, as described in Session 24?
2. What did Annie's mother admit during her interrogation, as related by Annie in Session 25?
3. What led to each of Annie's mother's marriages, as described in Session 26?
4. What evidence does Gary relate to Annie regarding her mother, as described in Session 24?
5. What argument does Annie describe with her mother in Session 15?
6. What did Annie learn from her mother about her relationship with Dwight, as described in Session 26?
7. How did Annie kill her abductor? What did she do immediately afterward?
8. What obstacles led to Annie's mother's eventual arrest and conviction, as described in Session 26?
9. What did Annie's abductor tell her before she killed him, as described in Session 16? What activity were they doing?
10. Why did Annie go to talk to Gary, as described in Session 24? What did she discover from him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define and discuss the theme of fear in the novel. What literary devices does Chevy Stevens use to build suspense throughout the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Define post-traumatic stress disorder and examine how this disorder relates to the protagonist of the novel. What is Annie's emotional standing as she comes to terms with her past?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of maternity in the novel. How does Annie's pregnancy reflect this theme? How does the Freak's relationship with his mother?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)