|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Annie describes a recent visit from her mother in Session 17 in which she tried to convince Annie to agree to what?
2. With what weapon did Annie kill her abductor?
3. Annie's mother stole Annie's father from whom?
4. Where did Annie stay after she was released from the hospital from her second abduction attempt?
5. What is the secret name that Annie gave to the baby she had while in captivity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Annie arrive for an unscheduled visit with her psychiatrist in Session 22?
2. What did Annie's abductor tell her before she killed him, as described in Session 16? What activity were they doing?
3. What obstacles led to Annie's mother's eventual arrest and conviction, as described in Session 26?
4. Where did Annie stay after her first day of questioning with the police, as described in Session 20? How does she describe this time?
5. What setback does Annie describe in her emotional progress in Session 17? What led to the setback?
6. What led to Annie's discussion with her mother about Aunt Val, as she describes in Session 17?
7. What led to the special session Annie has with her psychiatrist in Session 23?
8. How did Annie end the conversation with her mother described in Session 26? What does Annie relate about Christina in this session?
9. How does Annie describe the police officers she first encountered after her escape in Session 19?
10. What interaction with Christina does Annie describe in Session 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of the Freak in "Still Missing". How is the Freak described? How is his character revealed through his actions?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss the theme of fear in the novel. What literary devices does Chevy Stevens use to build suspense throughout the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the setting of the novel. What country is the narrative set in? Where is the location of the cabin? How does the setting lend itself to the suspense within the narrative?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)