|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Session 26, Annie describes having told Christina that she planned to sell her house and do what?
2. In Session 16, Annie describes how her abductor told her that although it had not been a full six weeks yet, he felt it was okay for them to do what?
3. Who remained at Annie's side while she was in the hospital after her abduction and questioned her about everything, over and over again?
4. In Session 26, Annie describes how Christina confessed to an affair with whom during the time in which Annie was missing?
5. In Session 20, Annie says that the small town cops she went to after escaping her abduction called in cops from where?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Gary relate to Annie regarding her mother, as described in Session 24?
2. What interaction with Christina does Annie describe in Session 19?
3. How did Annie end the conversation with her mother described in Session 26? What does Annie relate about Christina in this session?
4. Why did Annie go to talk to Gary, as described in Session 24? What did she discover from him?
5. What led to Annie's release from the hospital, as described in Session 21? What happened when Annie left?
6. What does Annie relate about her conversation with her mother over dinner in Session 23?
7. What led to the special session Annie has with her psychiatrist in Session 23?
8. How does Annie describe the police officers she first encountered after her escape in Session 19?
9. Why does Annie believe her Aunt Val might be responsible for her abduction in some way, as described in Session 24?
10. What led to each of Annie's mother's marriages, as described in Session 26?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define post-traumatic stress disorder and examine how this disorder relates to the protagonist of the novel. What is Annie's emotional standing as she comes to terms with her past?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Luke in the narrative. What was Annie's relationship with Luke like before her abduction? How did it change after her abduction?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the character of Lorraine in the narrative. How does Annie describe her relationship with her mother?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)