|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to a severe anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to any event that results in psychological trauma?
2. Annie describes how she would often do what whenever her abductor gave her a bath or did something that made her uncomfortable?
3. In what city does Annie live in the novel?
4. In Session 8, Annie says that Christina insisted on bringing what for Annie, despite Annie balking?
5. On what island does Annie live in "Still Missing"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the bath given to Annie by her abductor, as described in Session 3. What did she call the abductor?
2. What took place on the morning of Annie's abduction, as described in Session 1?
3. How is the literary device of the therapist introduced in Session 1? What does Annie discuss about her history of therapists? Why did he come here?
4. What did Annie learn about her abductor's history after discovering her pregnancy, as described in Session 7?
5. How long did Annie's abductor leave her alone in the cabin, as described in Session 8? What news did he relate upon his return?
6. Why did Annie''s abductor let her outside for the first time, as described in Session 10? What did he relate to her during this trip?
7. Why did Annie ask her abductor questions about himself, as described in Session 9? What did Annie discuss about her own past with her abductor?
8. What does Annie relate about her relationship with Luke in Session 14?
9. Where was Annie when she went into labor? How does she describe this time in Session 11?
10. How and when did Annie's feelings about her pregnancy change, as described in Session 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Luke in the narrative. What was Annie's relationship with Luke like before her abduction? How did it change after her abduction?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the setting of the novel. What country is the narrative set in? Where is the location of the cabin? How does the setting lend itself to the suspense within the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of Aunt Val in the narrative. What relationship does Annie describe between Lorraine and Aunt Val?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)