|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annie describe doing when she saw her former boyfriend at the store in Session 13?
2. What was the sex of Annie's baby?
3. In Session 7, Annie describes having learned that her abductor knew a great deal about her childhood, especially about events that took place when?
4. On what day of the week was Annie abducted?
5. Who became sick as a result of Annie's abductor, as described in Session 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annie describe the open house in Session 1? Who arrived and abducted her?
2. What rules did Annie's abductor establish for her during her captivity, as described in Session 4?
3. Why did Annie ask her abductor questions about himself, as described in Session 9? What did Annie discuss about her own past with her abductor?
4. Discuss the narrative style of the novel. How reliable is the narrator and why?
5. What did Annie fear of her abductor after the birth of her baby, as described in Session 12?
6. For how long was Annie left alone in the cabin as described in her sixth session with the psychiatrist? What did she fear during this time?
7. How did Annie respond to seeing her child after childbirth, as described in Session 12? How did Annie's abductor respond to the baby?
8. What interaction did Annie have with her captor upon first awakening in the cabin, as described in Session 2?
9. How and when did Annie's feelings about her pregnancy change, as described in Session 9?
10. How long did Annie's abductor leave her alone in the cabin, as described in Session 8? What news did he relate upon his return?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze Annie's breaking point and murder of the Freak. What led to Annie's finally attacking her abductor?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of Aunt Val in the narrative. What relationship does Annie describe between Lorraine and Aunt Val?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Annie's time alone in the cabin during the Freak's absence as described in Session 8. Did Annie attempt to escape? Why or why not? What did Annie fear, being left alone?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)