|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon did Annie's abductor use to threaten and kidnap her as described in Session 1?
(a) A stun gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A gun.
2. In what country does Annie live in the novel?
(a) Puerto Rico.
(d) The United States.
3. After how many days did Annie's abductor return to the cabin, as described in Session 6?
4. The woman who befriended Annie's abductor in a logging camp eventually did what?
(a) Went back to her previous boyfriend.
(b) Died in a car accident.
(c) Moved to another province.
(d) Alerted the police.
5. Who cut the umbilical cord when Annie gave birth?
(a) Her abductor.
(b) A friendly neighbor.
(d) A midwife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annie's abductor make her do as punishment for using the restroom without his permission, as described in Session 4?
2. What British Royal Navy officer explored the Pacific Northwest coast of North America between 1791 and 1794?
3. In Session 11, Annie tells her psychiatrist how her abductor began allowing her outside to do what?
4. What friend of Annie's did her abductor make threats over, causing her to succumb to his advances?
5. What activity does Annie discover which makes her feel better in Session 14?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to the baby's death, as described by Annie in Session 13?
2. Describe the bath given to Annie by her abductor, as described in Session 3. What did she call the abductor?
3. Discuss the narrative style of the novel. How reliable is the narrator and why?
4. What did Annie's abductor seek to gain from her? Did he achieve his objective in the novel?
5. What does Annie relate about her relationship with Luke in Session 14?
6. What happy times does Annie describe during her captivity in Session 7?
7. What took place on the morning of Annie's abduction, as described in Session 1?
8. What does Annie remark about the holiday season in Session 3?
9. How did Annie react to her abductor when he returned after leaving her alone for days as described in Session 6?
10. What did Annie learn about her abductor's history after discovering her pregnancy, as described in Session 7?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)