|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Annie's abductor do when she made sexual advances toward him, in the hopes of protecting her friend?
(a) Spit on her.
(b) Yelled at her.
(c) Cut her.
(d) Beat her.
2. The night that Annie's abductor returned to the cabin, he was able to successfully do what in Session 6?
(a) Start the lawn mower.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Cook dinner for her.
(d) Fix a leak in the roof.
3. Annie told herself what about the baby, making it easier to love it during her pregnancy?
(a) It was hers and not his.
(b) It would cure cancer.
(c) It will look just like her.
(d) It would love her unconditionally.
4. What friend of Annie's did her abductor make threats over, causing her to succumb to his advances?
5. Why did Annie fear her abductor would not return after leaving her in the cabin for days, as described in Session 6?
(a) She would starve.
(b) It started to snow.
(c) She needed to use the restroom.
(d) She was lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Session 7, Annie describes having learned that her abductor knew a great deal about her childhood, especially about events that took place when?
2. What name did Annie's abductor give for himself in the cabin?
3. How old was Annie when her father and sister were killed in an automobile accident?
4. In what province does Annie live in the novel?
5. When Annie's abductor returned, as told in Session 8, he told her who had gotten a new girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Annie relate having been told by her abductor about another woman in Session 13?
2. Why does Annie say her mother sold her belongings during her captivity in Session 11? What does Annie's mother urge her to do for income?
3. What happy times does Annie describe during her captivity in Session 7?
4. Describe the bath given to Annie by her abductor, as described in Session 3. What did she call the abductor?
5. Why did Annie''s abductor let her outside for the first time, as described in Session 10? What did he relate to her during this trip?
6. What was Annie's abductor's response when she made sexual advances toward him, as described in Session 5?
7. Discuss the narrative style of the novel. How reliable is the narrator and why?
8. What does Annie relate about her relationship with Luke in Session 14?
9. How does Annie describe her friend Christina in Session 8? What led to Annie's estrangement from her friend?
10. How did Annie respond to seeing her child after childbirth, as described in Session 12? How did Annie's abductor respond to the baby?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)